Recovering password in the app

Options
TiagoCosta
TiagoCosta
Community Member

Hello, i have a problem:

Two days ago, I download the 1Password app for my iPod and I created an account using that option "create without 1Password account", and then I put some information in it and done. And now I need to get to these informations that I put in the app, but the all the passwords I tried are incorrect, I tried everything, changing keyboard settings, languages, everything.

I need to know if is there a way to recover it even without an account, or these information are lost.

Thanks for the patience and for any help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Magnolia51
    Magnolia51
    Community Member
    Options

I need the same assistance.

Thanks!

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @TiagoCosta and @Magnolia51 ,

Sorry to hear that you're both having problems with your master password

**How to Recover your Master Password
    **For your security, your Master Password is:
    never transmitted over the Internet
    never logged locally
    never known to us at AgileBits
    only known to you
    the only way to decrypt your data
    This ensures that your data is safe from intruders, but it also means that we can’t reset your Master Password. However, you might be able to recover it.

**Recover your password
    If you forgot your Master Password, or it isn’t accepted, you might be able to recover it. First try these simple steps:

Make sure you’re typing lowercase and uppercase letters correctly. If Caps Lock is turned on, the Master Password field shows a Caps Lock symbol ⇪.
    Try typing in your Master Password multiple times. After three failed attempts, you’ll see your password hint if you set one.
    Try older passwords. If you’re able to unlock the app with your old password, you can then change your Master Password.
    If you have multiple vaults or 1Password accounts, try the other passwords.
    If your Master Password has spaces, try it with and without spaces.
    If your Master Password has accents or special characters, try it with and without them.
    If you use multiple languages, make sure you’re using the correct keyboard layout when you type your Master Password.

**Recover using another device
    If you have 1Password on multiple devices, see if your Master Password works on the others. (If you have a 1Password account, don’t forget to try signing in on 1Password.com.)

If your Master Password works everywhere except one device, you should be able to start over on the device where it’s not working, and then sync your data from your other devices.

**Recover using your family or team account
    If you belong to a family or team, another member can recover your account. This will reset your Master Password and let you choose a new one.

**Recover from a backup
    On your Mac or Windows PC, 1Password makes backups every day. Try restoring a backup from a time when your Master Password was working. Anything you’ve added or changed since that backup will be lost.

**If you still can’t unlock 1Password
    If you tried all the steps above, or you know for sure that you will never remember your Master Password, you’ll need to delete your 1Password data and start over.

Greets,
    Rob

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist, @rjh. :)

Folks, the guide Rob is quoting from can be found here:

Change or recover your Master Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.