Teams VS Multiple Individual Licenses Pricing

Bavino
Bavino
Community Member

I was wondering regarding the pricing for teams, even at $4 a month/user, if it is cheaper to get multiple individual licenses. We only need about 5 licenses for our team, and at 64.95 per user we would pay it off within a year and a half. Is there any drawback to using multiple individual licenses? For example, are you still able to share and control access to vaults with individual licenses?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@Bavino I'm glad you're interested in 1Password!

You could certainly go the multiple license route, and it's technically possible to share a vault through Dropbox. But you'd be missing out on the other features of 1Password Teams:

• Free access to all of the 1Password apps, mobile Pro features, and updates
    • The ability to view your information in a secure way using 1Password.com
    • Control over who can view, change, share, or otherwise interact with data
    • Priority support if you ever happen to encounter a problem (If you go Pro)

And some other things like guests, easy syncing, etc. As the name suggests, 1Password Teams was designed to make it easier for you to use 1Password with your team; while the standalone apps can perform similar functions, they were made with individuals in mind.

I hope that answers your question! I'd also encourage you to go ahead and give 1Password Teams a try with the free 30-day trial. If you like it, great! If you don't, you can still go the multiple license route without ever having to pay the subscription fee for 1Password Teams :)

• Bavino
    Bavino
    Community Member

Ok, I think I understand. Is there any way to get teams as a single payment rather than a monthly recurrence?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@Bavino you can choose to pay for 1Password Teams either monthly or annually. But the service has real recurring costs for us -- storage key among them -- and having a recurring payment system allows us to offer the best support for 1Password we possibly can :)

• Bavino
    Bavino
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

@nmott Sure, that makes sense. Last question (maybe), for teams are the vaults stored locally on a machine or is it a cloud based service?

• Bavino
    Bavino
    Community Member

@nmott Ok, I just realized that I asked if you store it after you told me storage is a key cost. Duh. But one more thing, how is the data encrypted and do you have access the the keys, or is it secure to the point where you can't get in to it?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@bavino we cannot access your information. We can see some metadata that we use to help with customer support issues, but without your Account Key or Master Password, no one is able to see what you have stored in your vaults. You might be interested in our paper describing how 1Password Teams protects your data from your device to our servers and back.

This discussion has been closed.