6.3.3.b1 Froze The First Several Times I Opened It

EnerJi
EnerJi
Community Member

I was prompted to close and / or send feedback each time. I sent feedback at least twice. After trying multiple times both with the keyboard and the app, it eventually opened and I was able to fill a password.

I have a Nexus 5x running Android N DP3, with the May security updates.

Comments

• saad
    edited June 2016

@EnerJi Thanks for reporting this! Does this happen every time? Or did this happen once after a series of events? For example, I noticed that in certain cases 1Password hangs for a short period when I just add my 1Password Families or Teams account with many items. We are looking into this one and I am wondering if its the same issue you are experiencing. Thanks!

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

@saad It just happened the first time after upgrading to that version, and appeared to happen during the Dropbox sync. I had not added or removed any accounts recently, but I had moved some (just a small number of) logins from my Personal vault to my Family vault.

• It might be related to the internal database upgrade. This shouldn't happen and we will keep a close eye on this issue. Let us know if you experience this again. Thanks!

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

@saad Will do.

By the way, I just experienced a really aggravating bug trying to add a Google Apps (i.e. a business Google account) to my Android phone. I was getting a strange error message that had the Google support people completely perplexed for the last few days.

In the end, we got it to work without verifying the root cause of the bug, but it's possible the 1Password filling keyboard played a role. (I finally got it to work after changing my GApps password and typing it in manually, instead of using 1Password filling.)

It could be just a coincidence and may have nothing to do with 1Password, but I thought I'd mention it so you have the data point in case anyone else runs into a problem adding their Google or GApps account to Android while filling the password.

• That is really strange! I can’t see it being related to 1Password’s filling service, but we will definitely keep a close eye on it. Thanks for sharing this information with us.

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

@saad Just a quick update:

I changed my Google password on my desktop, and was prompted to login with the new password on my Nexus phone. I opened 1Password, let it sync, then confirmed the new password had synced properly by revealing it. I then switched to the Android password login screen, and filled with the 1PW keyboard. After I tapped next, I received the same error message I had previously received. I tried two or three more times, including closing out of the screen completely then going back to it, and hit the same error message every time.

I then opened up my password using the Mac app's "large type" feature (very useful!), laboriously typed it in by hand, and it worked like a charm the first time.

Not sure exactly, but it definitely seems as if something screwy is going on that's related to 1PW filling.

• saad
    edited June 2016

I used this information and tried it out myself on my Nexus 6P, running Android N Preview 4. I proceeded with adding a new Google account and used the 1Password keyboard to fill in my Google e-mail address and password. After filling the password, I immediately received the following error:

Sorry, there seems to be a problem. Please try again.

So, I looked into this further and found interesting posts from other users experiencing the same behaviour. This thread confirmed a few things for me. It appears that the sign-in fails with the above error message if you navigate away from the Add your account screens. For example, if you switch to a different app or press the home button while entering your username or password, you will receive the same error. When you use the 1Password keyboard, you are technically switching away to select your Login, so that’s why we see the same behaviour.

Please also leave a comment on the thread I found, so Google hears the issue louder and we get a fix for it soon. :)

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

@saad Great research! I added a post, although I'm not sure how effective that will be. Also sent feedback directly via the Android send feedback option.

• Thank you! And great idea to send feedback directly :) I will do that too!

This discussion has been closed.