How many guest accounts?

BiancaT
BiancaT
Community Member

I know it's been asked before, but I am still confused.
With our current Team subscription, we have 2 paying users with Early Adopter Special annual payment (is that Pro?)
If we have external collaborators, does that mean we can have 20 guests included on each of the two accounts, so 40 in total?

Also, when inviting a guest after the maximum included number of guests, do we get a notification saying that we have to pay for the next one, or we just add persons and then find there's an invoice on our card?

Thank you very much for the help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@BiancaT those are good questions!

With our current Team subscription, we have 2 paying users with Early Adopter Special annual payment (is that Pro?)

Yes, it is. You should have access to the Pro plan at the special discounted price for as long as your subscription remains active.

If we have external collaborators, does that mean we can have 20 guests included on each of the two accounts, so 40 in total?

The number of guests depends on the Team account, not on the number of regular members who have joined the account. With the Pro plan you can add up to 20 guests for free. After that they'll be billed as regular members.

Also, when inviting a guest after the maximum included number of guests, do we get a notification saying that we have to pay for the next one, or we just add persons and then find there's an invoice on our card?

As things stand right now you'll be charged once you pass the maximum number of guests without a notification being shown. But I've passed on some feedback to our development team, so that might change in the future :)

ref: B5-1738

• AjEG
    AjEG
    Community Member

We have a 1Password for Teams Pro account with 3 members currently. If we are supposed to get 20 free guest accounts, why does our plan say "3 members, 1 guest". Is that saying we can only have 1 guest account or that we currently only have 1 guest account (we do have 1 guest account)?

Thanks.

• Hi @AjEG - You're correct! This is because you currently have 1 guest and 3 members associated to the account. With your current plan, we include 20 guest accounts. If you exceed the 20 we provide there is an additional charge after that. I hope that helped clarify things a bit more. Let us know if you have any additional questions. :smile:

• AjEG
    AjEG
    Community Member

Thanks Frank! Yep, that clarifies it. :-)

• Fantastic and you're very welcome! Keep us posted if you run into any questions along the way, we'll be here to help. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.