Terminal Server support?

Options

We are considering moving from a what I class as your competitor but have a few questions if I may first;

Server 2008 R2 is this a supported enviroment with professional support available if need be?
What are the licensing requirements for approx 25 users?

Many thanks

SO

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Server 2008 R2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:terminal, kb-search:terminal server

Comments

• Hi @soiteam,

While 1Password will work in most Terminal Server environments, the application is not optimised for it being client-side software.
    We have a setting to allow up to 10 concurrent users connect to one instance of the app run from a Terminal Server which can be enabled with this option in the menu on each client: Help > Advanced > Allow Terminal Services and Citrix

Since 1Password is not meant to be run off of a server we don't officially support this type of setup.

Since you're obviously looking to supply a team with 1Password, I would suggest you take a look at 1Password Teams.
    It's SaaS and is tailored for the use in groups with recovery capabilities, rights and access management, and increased security.

The Windows clients are still in beta but are coming along nicely thanks to the invaluable input from our customers.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Cheers!

• asbpgh
    asbpgh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @AlexHoffmann - do you think you guys will ever support more than 10 concurrent users on one box? We have two terminal servers with about 15 users on each at a team, and we'd love to roll out 1Password to all 30 users. This is the 1 piece of the puzzle that's missing and without it, we'll need to go another direction - which I really don't want to do! Any info would be great.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@asbpgh: We don't have any plans to expand that in 1Password 4 since we're focused on 1Password 6 now. And while it isn't something we have plans for currently, it's certainly something we can consider down the road once 1Password 6 is "out the door". We'd love to hear about your specific requirements in detail though, as that could help us focus our efforts in the future — especially if others have similar needs.

• asbpgh
    asbpgh
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty what's the best way to get in touch with you directly? I would love to continue the conversation about our specific project plans. We'd also be happy to work with you guys on beta releases too!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

@asbpgh: That would be fantastic! Shoot us an email at support+windows@agilebits.com and be sure to include a link to this discussion for reference.

We also have a beta of 1Password 6 available, and would love your feedback on that too. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.