Tried teams, want to go back and can't seem to access my old account/ login data.

I tried a TEAM account and have been unable to figure out how to revert back to the old erosnal account. I also tried to set up one password on a new iMac and cannot access old data, only th eteam account (which has no login data). Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Help! I signed up for a trial of the TEAM account and now cannot find my old account login data.

Comments

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member

Hi @tamarilevi,

Have you done the following?
    First you'll want to make sure you have everything moved from your 1Password Teams vaults to your other vaults:

Select the items in your 1Password Teams vaults. This is easiest if you select one and then hit Command + A
    1. Click Item in the menu bar, highlight Share, select the destination vault, then click Move.
    2. Then sign out of your 1Password account:

Go to the Preferences pane.
    1. Select the Accounts option and view your 1Password account.
    2. Click Sign Out and then click Sign Out on the dialog box.

After you follow these instructions you should be able to access the old vault on your new iMac.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tamarilevi,

I hope that @rogerdodger's advice helps you go back to using 1Password the way you prefer! The steps that he gave you should let you access your data back in your old computer. You'll still need to sync them via iCloud or Dropbox to have the same information on the new one too, you can find the instructions on how to do that here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/#sync-it-yourself-with-icloud-or-dropbox.

Please let us know if this goes well for you and if there's anything else that we can help you with! :chuffed:

• tamarilevi
    tamarilevi
    Community Member

Thank you Rogerdodger and Pilar.
    I have nothing in the team vault, it seems it may bean entirely separate account I set up, however I cannot seem to add my existing account to the new iMac. On the preferences pane the + to add an account is greyed out and won't click. It works fine on my macbook though. I just need to figure out how to add this account to the new computer and sync the data. Also, on this 'new' app there is no icon to select for syncing in the preferenes pane.

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member

Hey @tamarilevi,

Since you are not using a Teams or Family account the 'Accounts' tab in the preference pane is not applicable to you. Instead you want to look at the 'Sync' tab in preferences.

As @Pilar linked to there are instructions for how to set up syncing via iCloud or Dropbox, these are the specific links for each method, you need to
    choose one:
    https://support.1password.com/sync-with-icloud/
    https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/sync-dropbox.html

Once you setup syncing via one of those methods on your Macbook you will then goto your new iMac and setup the same method and the data will sync across to your new iMac.

The Sync tab will be in between the 'Browsers' tab and the 'Wi-Fi Server' tab. I have attached a screen shot of the preference pane with the 'Sync' tab highlighted.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

Those steps will get everything cleared up, @tamarilevi and let you sync your data without a 1Password account. (You only have a 1Password account if you have a subscription to 1Password Families or 1Password Teams. Otherwise you're using it as a standalone product.)

This discussion has been closed.