Data Extremely Slow To Respond

Options
cwanja
cwanja
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have noticed this several times over through each beta update and thought it would get caught. But when searching and or selecting on an item (any; login, credit card, email accounts) the application is extremely slow to respond and display the data. Is this by design (I surely hope / doubt it) or is it purely a limitation of the beta / Windows app.

Pardon my ignorance as I am coming from the iOS and macOS world where it is responsive immediately upon click.

1Password Version: 1Password 6.0.158d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @cwanja it's a limitation temporarily. Some operations are being done in the wrong thread, some things aren't well rounded. I run it hundred times a day, it annoys me a lot and we will get it fixed :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cwanja,

How many items do you have in your database? This is only noticeable if you have a large database but as Serg mentioned, we're working on addressing these performance issues.

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT 163 at the moment. I cleaned a good portion out into an "Archive" vault. Additionally, it should be noted that the only real "slow" point is when the application has not been used in a while and or is starting up from exit. So it is not all the time.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cwanja,

That's actually a small database, it shouldn't be slow. By the way, the app is not yet optimized to show selective data per vault, so you're still loading the whole database that's just filtered to the vault.

Hmm, that is unusual. It sounds like a potential memory leak that we're investigating that could be the slowdown.

The next time you see the slowdown issue, could you open Task Manager and look at the memory consumption for the app? Compare it to when it is fast, and let us know what it shows.

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member
    Options

WIll do @MikeT

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks!

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @MikeT - looked at the performance this morning of 1Password when loading the data and there was no real jump in CPU or memory usage when searching and then selecting an item for it to load the data. I will continue to monitor it, and post updates, but not sure it is related to the memory leak you referenced.

Using 1Password version: 1Password 6.0.165d

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cwanja,

That's strange, we'll keep monitoring this. As Serg mentioned, we have many optimizations coming soon while we continue to overhaul some of the core functions.

This discussion has been closed.