The following items could not be moved to the vault

mgb777
mgb777
Community Member

We tested out the Teams feature, and have since migrated back to using individual local/dropboxe'd vaults.

When we did so we received a message "The following items could not be moved to the vault".

The items involved were the License.onepassword-license, and a few images.

Is this something that we should be concerned with?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.BETA-1 (650001) AgileBits
Extension Version: 4.5.4.b3
OS Version: 10.10.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:the following items could not be moved to the vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mgb777: Sorry for the confusion there! Nothing to be concerned about, but you'll need to take another step to migrate the rest of your data. I'll explain.

Local OPVault and AgileKeychain vaults support attachments as part of individual items; 1Password Teams/Families supports the newer Documents feature. These are a separate item type, and they can't be stored in a local vault. But you can save them and then add them to attachments to other items in 1Password. Alternatively, if you still have your original vaults you were using before 1Password Teams, it may be simpler to just use those again.

I appreciate you giving 1Password Teams a try, and while I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out we'd love to hear any feedback on how we could improve it to better meet your needs in the future. :)

• mgb777
    mgb777
    Community Member

Hi brenty,

The cost was the primary factor for us - both the teams and the family function allow for sharing - but the value we derived from sharing 5-10 common items wasn't high enough for us to justify the additional cost each year.

Regarding your answer it sounds like I should just save out the license file and then attach it to an item in the primary vault again.

Given that this is a license file is there a specific item I should attach it to? I understand what you're advocating generally, but I'm not clear on the specifics as applies to the license attachment... If you can provide more specifics I'd appreciate it!

:)

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@mgb777 the license file should be treated like any other attachment -- you don't need to do anything special. Perhaps just create a Software License item called 1Password, leaving it blank except for the title, then attaching the license file?

• mgb777
    mgb777
    Community Member

Cool - I wasn't sure if the file itself was actually being referenced by the App in any specific way, or if it was simply a matter of 'keeping a copy'.

Totally get the difference in functionality for attachments between local vs. teams - but maybe in the case of a License file it's worth creating something to handle the case more gracefully?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@mgb777 perhaps, but we also keep records of purchased licenses and can re-send them at any time. We also sell through the Mac App Store which is outside our control. I suspect that a very small number of users save their license to 1Password, migrate to 1Password Teams, then migrate back :)

This discussion has been closed.