Troubleshooting Dropbox syncing with Windows

and other iPad questions and concerns
Hello, new user to 1 Password coming from Roboform. Several issues that I have run into:

1. Already had dropbox acct and set both ipad windows to same dropbox. When I change a login in windows, that change is not synced with ipad. Tried Ipad Settings > Sync > Dropbox sync > Account > Reset with no relief.

2. Tried looking for missing login on Ipad using search function at top of login list. Selected and keyboard displayed, but when you type a letter, keyboard goes away with nothing in search field.

3. Liked 1password windows interface. It allows organizing logins in folders similiar to Roboform. Why doesn't Ipad interface have same organization?!! This is major for me, since I have over 300 logins.

Not pleased so far with paying $9 for Ipad app and will certainly not pay for Windows software if these types of issues can't be resolved. Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Welcome to the forums, dnicho!

1. Already had dropbox acct and set both ipad windows to same dropbox. When I change a login in windows, that change is not synced with ipad. Tried Ipad Settings > Sync > Dropbox sync > Account > Reset with no relief.

Are you able to access your 1Password data via the Dropbox website using the 1PasswordAnywhere feature? If not, it is possible that the data 1Password for Windows is referencing is not stored in your Dropbox folder in Windows. Please ensure that 1Password for Windows is storing and using data which is located in your Dropbox folder.

2. Tried looking for missing login on Ipad using search function at top of login list. Selected and keyboard displayed, but when you type a letter, keyboard goes away with nothing in search field.

This is a very elusive bug we have been trying to track down. Unfortunately, we have not been able to reproduce the issue in our labs. That makes it very tricky to fix, but if you can provide some additional information on how we might be able to reproduce the issue in our labs, that would be awesome. We would love to get it fixed!

3. Liked 1password windows interface. It allows organizing logins in folders similiar to Roboform. Why doesn't Ipad interface have same organization?!! This is major for me, since I have over 300 logins.

There were technical and design factors for this decision, but I will add a vote on your behalf to the feature request for folders on the iPad.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!
  • Khad,

Thanks for the reply.

Today when I opened 1password on my Ipad, it was in sync with desktop. Tried to check the 1PassWord Anywhere feature by opening 1PassWord.html file in 1Password.agilekeychain folder, but got error messages because I am using IE 7. Will try with Firefox on another machine when I get a chance. Anyway to make 1PassWord Anywhere available on IE machine? That is what is used at my work.

Also, search function is now working. Don't know what to add about under what conditions it was messing up before.

Thanks for adding my vote to use folders on Ipad.

Cheers,

Dave
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the update! At this time 1PasswordAnywhere is only supported in the latest versions of Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. It also works with older versions of non-IE browsers, but IE did not support the technology necessary for 1PasswordAnywhere until version 9.

I am glad to hear that search is working well for you! (You can perhaps see why the elusive bug is so hard to resolve once and for all.)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!
This discussion has been closed.