How do I go back onto the non-beta version of 1password (android)?

Bryan299
Bryan299
Community Member

How do I go back onto the non-beta version of 1password (android)?

On my android phone no matter if I uninstall the app and re-download from play store it shows up as beta. The 1password site did not make it clear how to unsub from the beta.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:beta unsub

Comments

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member

You first need to leave the beta program here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.agilebits.onepassword
    After that you can either wait for the next public release to update, or delete the app and reinstall like you did before.

• Exactly what ChaconC said! (thanks!) However, you do need to uninstall the beta version as it is designed to never upgrade to the stable release, even if it is newer. So, reinstalling from the Play Store is necessary after leaving the beta program. :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@saad So if Iam in the beta program of lets say the google app and I leave the beta. I am not able to uninstall this app, because its a system app? Or if I leave the beta of Whatsapp will I have to uninstall the app and reinstall it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

So if Iam in the beta program of lets say the google app and I leave the beta. I am not able to uninstall this app, because its a system app?

@ntimo: While 1Password isn't a system app, either way — beta or stable — it is distributed by the Google Play store.

Or if I leave the beta of Whatsapp will I have to uninstall the app and reinstall it?

Precisely! You'll need to uninstall the app and — if you've left the beta program — when you reinstall it, you'll get the newest stable version instead. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.