Two devices showing different passwords

Matust
Matust
Community Member

I have two android devices syncing to Dropbox with OP vault. Both are in sync but at least one password is wrong. ie one device is showing one password and one another. They are both showing syncing to apps/ 1password/1password.opvault. This is quite a concern that I could have two branches going. I have looked in the Dropbox apps/ 1password/1password.opvault/default folder but there are multiple files in there. Any help to sort it out would be great.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Matust: I'm sorry for the trouble, but I'm glad to hear that there are multiple files in your vault! There certainly should be, so that's good news at least. ;)

However, can you check to see if any of them have "conflicted copy" in their filename? I wonder if Dropbox created a sync conflict. 1Password can't read these, so that could explain what may have happened. If not, please follow this guide, as it will help narrow down the problem:

Dropbox troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Matust
    Matust
    Community Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I didn't have any files with conflicted copy in their name. It's back in sync now. I changed the logins name which had the correct password. This caused the password and login to sync to the other device. It's strange that hitting sync didn't cause it to sync just the password originally. If I come across this again I will go through the trouble shooting you've described. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like Dropbox wasn't pushing the changes to the other device for some reason, but making a change there caused it to "phone home". Hopefully you won't have any further issues, but don't hesitate to reach out if you run into any other trouble. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.