The old icons are back?

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Lounge

The old avatar icons are back? What happened to the newer avatars? I wish I had saved a screen capture of it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@wkleem: Are you serious?! :scream:

I haven't noticed any myself, but I don't doubt you. I'll send you a private message in case you want to share specific examples you've noticed. I had thought our long international nightmare was over... :blush:

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wkleem,

My guess is that you're talking about your own Avatar, am I right? While I don't have an answer to why they were changed back to the old ones, I did notice you had a different, colourful and smiling one for a few days! :chuffed: Just out of curiosity, which one do you like better? I personally was happy to see the smiling ones around!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

@Pilar,

My guess is that you're talking about your own Avatar, am I right? While I don't have an answer to why they were changed back to the old ones, I did notice you had a different, colourful and smiling one for a few days! :chuffed: Just out of curiosity, which one do you like better? I personally was happy to see the smiling ones around!

Thanks for noticing!

I do prefer the newer happy ones. I don't understand why it was reverted back especially when it was an improvement over the old one. Change it back, please.

I suppose that there are others who may have been affected by this issue but I don't know of anyone else in the discussion board. Even browsing around, I couldn't tell, except that my own avatar had changed.

Thanks.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

@Pilar, @brenty,

Overall, I thought that the newer Avatars were an improvement over the older ones. Even when glancing at the discussions that weren't mine.

• MikeT
    edited June 2016

Hi @wkleem,

It's not us. There was an issue with Gravatars and we filed a report with Vanilla's team about it. It looks like they've disabled the avatar add-on to troubleshoot the issue.

Hopefully, we can re-enable the add-on later if we can figure out the issue with Gravatars.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@MikeT,

Thanks for following up.

• No problem, we'll follow up when we hear more about this issue.

• Happy faces should be back, we're going to keep Gravatars disabled for the moment.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Thanks, Mike! That looks much better! I don't use Gravatars anyway.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wkleem, on behalf of MikeT, you're welcome! I'm glad to see you're now back to your preferred Avatar! Enjoy participating on the forums with your new happy face! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.