Differences between Families and Teams

MikeT
edited June 2016 in Business and Teams
This discussion was created from comments split from: Passwords being incorrectly populated in user name text box on login web pages.

Comments

• 360realtors
    360realtors
    Community Member

I use Iphone 6s and keen to use 1password app for storing all my passwords and confidential information...
    Could you explain the difference between 1password families and 1pasword team packages, in terms of pricing, efficacy, benefits, constraints etc..

• 360realtors
    360realtors
    Community Member

Further to my query, i would like to avail the free 30 day trial period and then go for a paid suscription

• This discussion was created from comments split from: What's the difference between 1Password for Families and Teams?.
  • Hi @360realtors,

I've split your posts from other unrelated discussions and moved them into its own thread here in the Families forum. I've also deleted a few duplicated posts for you.

Could you explain the difference between 1Password families and 1pasword team packages, in terms of pricing, efficacy, benefits, constraints etc..

As Rick mentioned in one of the other threads:

The biggest difference is price, Families is $5/mo for 5 people, whereas Teams is going to start at $5/mo per user. There are differences with the accounts as well so that the price difference makes sense: Families has 1GB of document storage whereas Teams has 10GB. Teams has more fine grained permissions (something companies would need, but families don't much care about), and Teams has a more advanced admin console in general.

Over time Teams will grow more complex/feature-full in order to support the needs of teams/businesses. There aren't many families that are looking for LDAP integration, for example.

Typical families don't need all of the advanced business features, so that's what the 1Password Families plan is for and the price address these needs as well.

If you want to use 1Password at a business place and share data between teammates, you'll need to use 1Password Teams instead.

Also can i sync my mobile device with my desktop/laptop and some other mobile as well

Yes, as you sign into your 1Password Account on iOS, macOS, Windows, Android, and on 1Password.com in most modern browsers, your will see your data right away and any changes you make in any signed-in app will show up in other apps instantly.

Note the Windows app with support for 1Password Accounts are in beta testing right now, we are aiming for its first release sometime in August this year.

Further to my query, i would like to avail the free 30 day trial period and then go for a paid suscription

That's great to hear, you can start by creating a new account, which would get the 30-day trial right away. You can do so here: https://start.1password.com/signup/plan

Sometime before the trial expiration, we will send you an email saying the account is reaching its trial date and it will then go frozen, meaning it'll be read-only after 30 days and you can add a credit card to activate the account.

• 360realtors
    360realtors
    Community Member

Dear Mike,

IS the 30 day free trial period applicable on standalone product as well or only on 1password families/teams product

Also, is every facility available under free trial OR some key features are made available only when subscribed for,

Regards
    Nitin

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@360realtors,

You can try the 1Password desktop apps for a free 30-day trial with or without a 1Password Families subscription for personal use or 1Password Teams subscription for business use.

The only limitation during the free trial is time. There are no other limitations. We want to make sure you get the full experience. :)

• 360realtors
    360realtors
    Community Member

It means this trial period is not applicable on standalone product.

Could you help me with initiating this trial period with 1password team pack for business use.

It needs to be installed on an Iphone and should be in real time sync with another desktop and 2 laptops...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@360realtors,

I'm not sure what this means:

It means this trial period is not applicable on standalone product.

The trial period is applicable to the apps. You have a full 30 days to try 1Password Teams. Or, even if you didn't want to use 1Password Teams, you could try just the 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows apps for a full 30 days. You can try anything and everything related to 1Password FREE for a full 30 days.

Follow our Quick Start guide to get started:

https://support.1password.com/teams-families-setup/

That will walk you through everything step by step. It has instructions for all platforms, and there is even a video. :)

If you are are stuck on any part, please let me know where you are stuck. I'm happy to provide further assistance if I know where you are getting stuck.

Cheers!

• 360realtors
    360realtors
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

I got an invitation from my boss Mr, Ankit Kansal to join....I accepted the invitation. Now i want to put data but when I logged in with master key and password, i get to see that there are no shared vaults but Mr. Kansal had created one...Pls help

Your sign-in address
    --- [personal details removed by admin] ---
    Be sure to print out your Emergency Kit. It's where you will find your secret Account Key, which protects your data, and which you will need to sign in to 1Password from new devices

• 360realtors
    360realtors
    Community Member

How to save the 1password app on mobile device

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @360realtors,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having difficulty getting your account set up in 1Password! I just wanted to let you know that I’ve removed your personal information from your post above - this is a public forum, and you likely don’t want that information shared here.

Now i want to put data but when I logged in with master key and password, i get to see that there are no shared vaults but Mr. Kansal had created one

Have you added your 1Password account to the 1Password app? Khad provided instructions on how to add your account to the 1Password app in his previous post. Did you go through these steps?

How to save the 1password app on mobile device

You can install 1Password from the iOS App Store. When you set up 1Password for the first time, select the option to ‘Use with a 1Password account’ and sign in using your email address, Master Password and Account Key. Then you should have access to your 1Password Teams data on your iOS device.

• 360realtors
    360realtors
    Community Member

Would really appreciate a call to make me understand or give me a number to call on

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I just sent you an email. We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion. :)
    ref: ZUG-89684-988

• 360realtors
    360realtors
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

could anyone lease call me on [removed] urgently. m stuck.

• @360realtors

Again I've removed your personal information from this public forum. Khad has sent you an email and we'll continue the conversation there.

Thanks!

Ben

• 360realtors
    360realtors
    Community Member

Dear Ben, Somehow things are not moving forward through mail, thats why i had requested for a call

please explore this possibility

• @360realtors

We do not have a call center. But Khad has replied to your latest email and we await your response.

Thanks!

Ben

• 360realtors
    360realtors
    Community Member

Dear Ben,

I want assistance on the following :

1. How to install 1password app on ASUS mobile device and Lenovo desktop
    2. How to begin creating vaults and putting data in it
    3. I am not the host but an invitee, host is Ankit Kansal
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hello 360realtors,

I've been corresponding with you via email. Let's please keep the conversation in email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion for you. :+1:

I'm going to close this thread here on the forum. Please reply to my email and let me know how it went after you followed the instructions I provided for what you just asked about. :)

ref: ZUG-89684-988

This discussion has been closed.