Using latest version, but there's an upgrade available when checking the license on store

Options

Hi there,

I am using the latest version 4.6.0.604 of 1Password for Windows using the license I bought in Dec 2014. Out of curiosity, I tried to check if there's an upgrade available on https://agilebits.com/store, it says "Great! Your license – a Single License for 1Password 4 for Windows – has 1 possible upgrade.". And the price is $32.49. I was wondering if this is a bug? Otherwise, what is this supposed to mean?

Thanks. :)

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Shyuan,

Thank you for writing to us and keeping an eye on having the latest software! You do have the most recent version available for 1Password for Windows. The upgrade that you can see would be useful if you wanted to get a license that works on Mac as well. As long as you don't want to change your OS, you don't need this one. :chuffed:

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can help you with!

• Shyuan
    Shyuan
    Community Member
    Options

@Pilar, thanks for your prompt reply. :) So in this case, if I were to own another computer (which the OS is Mac), then I would need to "upgrade" it in order to use it on both Windows and Mac, am I correct?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Shyuan,

Yes, that is correct. You only need to upgrade the license if you want to use 1Password on a Mac. The upgrade would then give you the ability to use the same license on any number of PCs and Macs you will use 1Password on.

• Shyuan
    Shyuan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Thank you for your confirmation! Have a good day ahead. :)

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome and you have a great day as well.

This discussion has been closed.