Bug report Windows 10 Modern

Options
NoelDillabough
NoelDillabough
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

If I lock then unlock 1Password (I happened to be using fingerprint but I don't think that matters) the list of entries gets populated with what looks like the identifiers of each entry...for example my "Passport" entry also is shown as another entry with a huge ID ie 177B752XXXXXXXXXX. If I click on the entry and edit, it shows the correct name again on the right side. To refresh this view and remove the extra entries click on vaults top left and select your vault again. Lock then unlock, 100% reproducible.

Hope this helps.

I'd love a way to unlock the app using fingerprint when first opening; perhaps using the DPAPI (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms995355.aspx) would be a way to go? Make this storage optional for the more conservative users.

1Password Version: 6.0.61u
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @NoelDillabough,

Thanks for writing in. First, I've moved your thread to our Windows Beta forum as you're using the beta app.

Are you only using local vaults via Dropbox, no 1Password.com account or anything like that? I'd like to reproduce this matching your setup as right now, I'm signed into my 1Password.com Account and I don't see this issue when I lock and unlock immediately.

Our Windows Hello support is in its basic implementation right now, we'd like to iterate it later to support unlocking upon the first launch but we have to do a through investigation first to make sure it is as secure as it can be.

• NoelDillabough
    NoelDillabough
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I use the Windows 4.6 build normally, I was just trying the Windows 10 Modern to try out the fingerprint. I'm only using one vault, synced via Dropbox. (I use 1Password on android, iOS, OSX and Windows so need Dropbox)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @NoelDillabough,

Thanks for that, I've tested it with one vault via Dropbox only and unfortunately, I cannot reproduce it. I wonder if you can reproduce and send us the logs after that, it might have an exception logged.

To send us the logs, reproduce the issue and while it is showing the weird state, click into the search field and enter /log, which will bring up its log window.

Please click on the Save icon on top right to save the log and then email it to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com with the link to this thread included.

Thanks!

• NoelDillabough
    NoelDillabough
    Community Member
    Options

sent!

• NoelDillabough
    NoelDillabough
    Community Member
    Options

Interestingly, if I hit "All Vaults" the id entries are not redrawn but selecting my vault redraws them correctly. I believe this is a view issue, its obvious after seeing the log that the internal ids match the entries I normally see.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @NoelDillabough,

Thanks, we got the email and will reply to you as soon as we can.

ref: GLV-92483-927

This discussion has been closed.