Security Audit - Sites that offer 2FA and "Similar" Passwords

Options
coreycondardo
coreycondardo
Community Member

Is it possible for 1Password to tell me which passwords are similar in that if someone found 1 they could figure out the rest? Also, is it possible for 1Password to indicate which sites provide 2FA?

~Corey

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is it possible for 1Password to tell me which passwords are similar in that if someone found 1 they could figure out the rest?

@coreycondardo: Yep! If you click to expand the "Security Audit" section on the left, any "Duplicate Passwords" will be listed there along with "Weak Passwords" and "Watchtower" (if enabled in Preferences).

Also, is it possible for 1Password to indicate which sites provide 2FA?

If you have these setup to use the standard One-Time Password field name, you can search for that easily by selecting the "Search all fields" option:

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• coreycondardo
    coreycondardo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info!

What I mean't about the similar passwords would be identifying something like:

bananas123
    bananas12
    !bananas
    bananasAREAMAZING
    bananasAREAMAZING2
    bananasAREAMAZING3

As you can See they all contain "bananas" but with other stuff around them. I am wondering if I've in the past used similar passwords. I know now I don't because I generate things randomly.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah! I see what you mean now, @coreycondardo. That isn't currently in Security Audit, but you can perform such a search yourself:

1. Click the magnifying glass in the search field, then choose "Show search options".

2. Then set the search criteria to "Password contains" and enter the string you want to search for.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.