Do you have the checksum values posted so I can validate the integrity of the software download?

petusky
petusky
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for years and realized I've never once verified the download with a checksum. Do you post them?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Do you have the checksum values posted so I can validate the integrity of the software download?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@petusky: Great question! We don't currently have the systems in place to distribute hashes of the downloads, but it's something we'd like to do in the future. In the mean time, we do have very strict security policies on our site, so much so that some folks have trouble connecting when their "security" software performs a person in the middle attack on their connection to monitor the traffic. In any case where agilebits.com can't establish a secure point-to-point encrypted connection with your browser (or the app's updater), the server will reject the connection. Similarly, the apps themselves are digitally signed. So, provided you download 1Password directly from AgileBits, you'll have the real deal. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hello again, @petusky.

It turns out we do have MD5 sums available for zip archives of 1Password for Mac downloaded from our site. Just visit the 1Password for Mac Release Notes for the download link, then add .md5 to the end of the URL to get the MD5 sum for that download. For example, the current stable build would be:

https://cache.agilebits.com/dist/1P/mac4/1Password-6.3.1.zip.md5

I hope that's helpful for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.