how to find which logins have a password that has been compromised so that I can change all of them

dukesimpson
dukesimpson
Community Member

I have recently received an e-mail stating that my password for Pandora and Linkedin has been compromised and I need to change all my logins which use that password. How do I use my 1Password app to determine all of the accounts for which I use that password that needs to be changed? And is there a way to automatically change all of them?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to find which logins have a password that has been compromised so that I can change all of them

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dukesimpson,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

If you are trying to find Logins that use a specific password (i.e. the one you used for a specific website), you can search for it:

1. Click the magnifying glass in the search field, then choose "Show search options".

2. Then set the search criteria to "Password is" and enter the password.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member

@khad what platform is that on, don't see it on iOS.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tonydow,

Khad's screen shot is from 1Password for Mac. On iOS the easiest way to do it is to tap on "Search Everything" under the search bar instead of "Search Titles". These options appear after you've tapped once on the search bar. Unless you're in a weird situation where you used the password as a title for something else, this should do the trick :chuffed:

Please let us know if this works well for you and if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• dukesimpson
    dukesimpson
    Community Member

Thank you for your assistance. I did find all my logins with the same password. Now, is there an easy way to change all of them to different passwords at once, instead of going thru them one at a time and changing the password?

How do I first find all my duplicates?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

How do I first find all my duplicates?

@dukesimpson: I'm a bit confused by your question since you also said "I did find all my logins with the same password", but you should be able to locate them using the search feature as khad mentioned earlier.

Now, is there an easy way to change all of them to different passwords at once, instead of going thru them one at a time and changing the password?

It isn't possible to change the passwords of multiple logins at once, as that would defeat the purpose of identifying the duplicates in the first place. Since the concern in the first place was password reuse, you'll want to generate a unique password for each site, change it on the website, and then update your login in 1Password to reflect that:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.