1Password Keyboard can't find logins after removing Teams/Families

ChaconC
ChaconC
Community Member

I recently canceled my Families subscription and I moved everything back to Dropbox.

My settings before canceling were:
Sync disabled
Primary (Local) vault empty
Vaults were configured to show my 3 Families vaults, hide Primary

After canceling:
Dropbox Sync enabled
Everything in my Primary vault

I couldn't reenable my primary vault because the option is hidden, but I assume the app did this itself since I can see all my items (400+) in the 1Password app, but if I try to use the keyboard extension I can't see any items. There is no search icon either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1 (June security patch)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @ChaconC. Automatic filling is disabled for frozen accounts, so it sounds like 1Password is detecting that and isn't filling as a result. Have you removed the Families account from 1Password for Android? If not, tap Settings > 1Password accounts, select the account, and tap Remove Account. Are you able to use the 1Password keyboard after?

If that doesn't work, can you try starting over? Let me know if you're able to fill after. Thanks!

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member

I removed my families account before changing sync method.

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

To make sure, I just uninstalled the app and redownloaded and the keyboard works again.

Also, my account is not currently frozen because I forgot to cancel before getting charged.

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member

Another thing, the problem wasn't that automatic filling was failing, rather the extension couldn't find any logins for the current site/app and it didn't show the search icon to manually search (like it was empty)

• I think you discovered a bug that is causing your Primary vault items to not show in the 1Password Keyboard. The 1Password Keyboard is respecting your All Vaults settings (Settings > Vaults), where you had the Primary vault disabled. This setting is only visible when you have signed in to your 1Password account and is hidden if you don’t have any 1Password accounts signed in.

Because you set to exclude your Primary vault and have recently removed your 1Password account, this setting is hidden with your Primary vault excluded. So, the 1Password Keyboard continues to respect this setting and skips over your items in your Primary vault.

This is a bug and we will have this fix soon. Thanks for reporting it!

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Good to know, saad. That's what I thought was happening but the fact that the app showed them was odd.

What peri mentioned has me puzzled, she said: "Automatic filling is disabled for frozen accounts"
    Isn't this part of the free app? Why would 1Password disable a free feature?

• If you are signed in to a 1Password account, the Pro Features in 1Password for Android are enabled for use. If your account is frozen, you will not be able to fill items that belong to your frozen account using the 1Password keyboard. This is one of the many limitations of a frozen account and you can read the complete list here:

https://support.1password.com/frozen-account/

With that said, if you are not using a 1Password account and you only have a Primary vault, you should be able to fill your items from your Primary vault using the 1Password keyboard without needing to purchase the Pro Features. Your purchase of the Pro Features are exclusive to your Primary vault and does not affect your 1Password account subscription.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions. :)

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

I think the copy on the Families landing page should be updated to reflect the other limitations of a frozen/lapsed account.

I edited my comment to remove an off topic rant. I'm glad you were able to identify the bug.

Cheers.

• Thanks @ChaconC. I'll pass your feedback along to the team. Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.