Pro Features - keeps reverting to "restore purchase" no Pro Features

lostrach
lostrach
Community Member
edited June 2016 in iOS

Hey there! I'm running into intermittent issue with 1Password reverting from the unlocked Pro Features to the "restore purchase" for Pro Features. I'm not really sure what's going on -- primarily because when my husband and I purchased the Pro version, we were told we could install it on both our iOS devices with different Apple IDs no problem. I'm pretty sure that was before the whole "Family Sharing" with Apple purchases, but I can't remember ... in any case, the only way that I can restore the Pro Features is if I log out of my Apple ID and log in to his Apple ID account. I've tried the Family Sharing option and it wouldn't work - maybe I need a clean install? When we've talked with awesome support folks in the past, they said that sharing between the two of us (because of the licenses that we purchased) wouldn't be a problem... don't tell me that I've now got to purchase 1Password on my own account even though we've got Family Sharing!

Hopefully I've provided enough information to start...

1Password Version: 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @lostrach

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

we were told we could install it on both our iOS devices with different Apple IDs no problem

I'm sorry; I'm not sure where you heard / read that, but it is not true. Apps in the App Store are sold on a per-Apple ID basis, and in-app purchases such as the one for 1Password's Pro features cannot be shared using Family Sharing. I looked through your email support history with us and I don't see any such statement (though, even if we had said such a thing, that would unfortunately be contrary to Apple's Family Sharing policy).

What types of content can I share with Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Apple does not allow sharing of in-app purchases via Family Sharing as outlined in the above article.

To use 1Password's Pro features on multiple Apple IDs you'd need to make a purchase for each Apple ID, or subscribe to our 1Password Families service:

Families - 1Password

I apologize for any confusion or miscommunication.

Ben

• lostrach
    lostrach
    Community Member

Hi @bwoodruff ,
    Thanks for replying. Now that I've thought about it more, I don't think that's what I was told -- I definitely confused myself this morning (apologies - we're dealing with a cross-country move, family health issues, you name it...). As my husband reminded me, we both purchased the Pro Features for the 1Password App - each with our separate Apple ID (I even checked just now).

So now I'll revise my previous discussion to ask why my 1Password seems to revert to the not-Pro Featured version every so often, so that I have to click "Restore Purchases"? Is 1Password touchy about version upgrades over wifi vs through iTunes? (we've found that to be the case with some apps...) Is it that 1Password needs intermittent "reminders" that we've indeed purchased the Pro Features? At this point it's more of an annoyance and curiosity than a hindrance or big issue.

• @lostrach

Thanks for the update! I do apologize for the inconvenience. I can't say I've heard other reports of this. What may help us track this down... next time you experience the issue... is to send us a diagnostic report before restoring the Pro features, and then another one just after having restored them.

You can find instructions for creating the reports here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• lostrach
    lostrach
    Community Member

Thanks @bwoodruff - will do!

• :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.