1password iPhone app backup to family account or to mac etc..

Shabahat Shakeel
Shabahat Shakeel
Community Member

I am using 1password app in my iPhone, I have to restore my iPhone as new because there is a corruption in icloud bakcup and I can't use it, for the same reason I can't get icloud backup of 1password either. I created family account to sync data but can't find way to sync iPhone app data to the 1password family account and how to bring it back to iPhone app later when my phone will be setup. Can you please help?

1Password Version: 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @Shabahat Shakeel , I think that your problem sounds a lot more complicated than it really is.
    Once you have restored your iPhone and can log in to the iCloud, all you need to do is re-install 1Password ans re-sync with the cloud.
    Your data will still be there.
    Hope this helps?
    Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

hi @Shabahat Shakeel !

I have a few questions before I try to figure out what's happening.

1. Did you sign up for 1Password Families before the issue with your iPhone?
    2. Is the 1Password data on your iPhone currently saved anywhere else?

Once I have the answers to those questions I can help figure out the best course of action :)

• Shabahat Shakeel
    Shabahat Shakeel
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply rjh, I will give that a try!

nmott - I signed up for 1password families after having issue with my iPhone, never signed up before.
    Currently my data is saved on icloud only but I created a backup and saved on my macbook as well following procedure in one of the article I found on 1Password's support website.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.