Having Trouble with Expired License

Options
ChrisGardner
ChrisGardner
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Mac

I've been using 1Password 3 for the last seven years. At some point, by accident or unbeknownst to me, I managed to install version 5 in demo mode. That demo has now expired, and so I'm no longer able to use 1Password at all. My license is a long letter-number combo, but version 5 seems to want me to upload a file.

How can I reinstall version 3 (or whatever my license will work for) or translate my current license into a file that v5 can authorize?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ChrisGardner ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. The upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 and upward was a payed one, that's why your license number can't be applied to 1Password 5. You have two options to continue using 1Password. If you want to get an upgrade and move on to 1Password 6 (the newest version), you can do so with a big discount! If you go to this page and click on "Upgrade license" you'll be able to enter the license key that you mentioned and see it.

If you like 1Password 3 and don't want to use the new features you can download it here: https://agilebits.com/downloads. It's the second option under the Legacy category. You'll be able to keep on using it as usual :chuffed:

Please let us know how this goes for you and if you have any other questions that we can help you with :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.