Out of Town visits and Families

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Families

If 1Password Families allows for 5 users maximum, what do I do with out of town visitors? I also won't know the devices that they use. Depending on the situation, it could mean 1 person or a small family.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wkleem

First I'd like to point out that 1Password Families accounts are not limited to 5 users. You can invite as many as you'd like. The first 5 are included in the base subscription cost. Each additional beyond that costs, as of writing, $1/mo.

You can also invite people who are not part of your family but need limited access to your 1Password Families account (e.x. for access to Wi-Fi information) as guests. Guests do not have a Personal vault, and can only be invited to 1 shared vault.

Does that help?

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben,

That helps but I still won't know the devices people use. I myself have 4 year old Nokias and iPhones. I should start with an attempt to see if Families work with that first. Based on my earlier discussions on this board, it may or may not work as the older Nokias are incapable of running Families though the 1Password App. 1Phone 4 (non s) is also incapable if running 1Password 6.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem in this case I recommend talking to your family members before they arrive to see what devices they're planning to bring with them. We at AgileBits know how to do a lot of things, but divining what devices everyone owns isn't one of them ;) bwoodruff's suggestion of using the guests feature for out-of-town guests is also right on the dot. I hope that helps :)

This discussion has been closed.