Syncing multiple vaults between Windows 10 and iOS

This discussion was created from comments split from: How do i sync multiple vaults with pro.

Comments

• tdwyer11
    tdwyer11
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Vee,

I just bought the Pro version for my IOS phone to sync with my Win 10 computer. I have been using 1P on my computer for a while and have two vaults (personal / business). How do I get the second vault to sync over wi-fi?

-Todd

edit - Sorry, didn't realize this was a Mac section, please feel free to move.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

Hi @tdwyer11,

No worries, I've moved this post to our Windows forum. :+1:

In 1Password 4 for Windows, you can only unlock and work with 1 vault at a time (as I'm sure you've noticed). As such, there's actually no way to sync multiple vaults to iOS over wi-fi. We recommend Dropbox sync or a 1Password Account for this.

Dropbox sync works with 1Password 4 for Windows, but 1Password Account support was not added to Windows until recently, so it requires the new 1Password 6 beta.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction, and we're happy to help answer any other questions you may have. :)

• tdwyer11
    tdwyer11
    Community Member

Is there anything in the works to get this functional with Wi-Fi? That's kind of the main reason I'm using 1P, so I don't have to send files over external servers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tdwyer11: I'm sorry for the confusion! As Vee mentioned, 1Password for Windows works with a single vault at a time, so it isn't possible to use Wi-Fi Sync with multiple vaults. However, Dropbox is able to sync pretty much any vault you throw at it, and since your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted (https://support.1password.com/end-to-end-encryption/), 1Password simply doesn't depend on the sync service to protect your data. 1Password is secure by design (https://support.1password.com/secure-by-design/), not by chance. Otherwise you could use Wi-Fi Sync with your main vault and keep others on the individual systems where you need them.

This discussion has been closed.