When will we be able to edit the type of entry? [No plans for the moment]

teal_oak
teal_oak
Community Member
edited June 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

1password desktop and even in beta that has not changed much in the 7 months I have been a paid up user. I still cannot change the type of entry (login account software etc) without having to re-enter from the beginning. I can honestly say I have not noticed any change in the UI in 1password 4 over the last 7 months and I am using the beta version. I cannot sync a change in the master password to the windows UWP/mobile apps.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @teal_oak,

There are not going to be any major functional changes for 1Password 4, it is a stable product that's been out for a little over 2 years now. Any major functional changes are going to be in the next major version, which is already happening for the 1Password 6 for Windows that's in beta testing right now and its UI has been completely changed.

1Password 4 will continue to get stability and security updates but there are not going to be major changes like UI and data specific format changes like changing your category types.

However, there has never been any official announcement that we would let you change item categories on the fly and we have no current plans to do this. It is something we'd like to do in the future but it is not going to change any time soon.

I cannot sync a change in the master password to the windows UWP/mobile apps.

That's a known limitation in the 1Password 6 beta, it will not update its local database password if you've changed the password elsewhere. This will be implemented in a future update.

This discussion has been closed.