Using 1P on Mac and Windows

I have a licence for 1P on my Mac. It all works fine on my Mac. I have synced it with dropbox.

I also have a PC. I used to be able to use the Chrome extension but since upgrading to Windows10 it no longer works, It is looking for 1password helper. I read other replies on here that say the extension will not work on Win10. Understood. Can you please advise how I can use 1P on my windows PC.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Yosemite, Windows10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cardscraps: I think things may be a bit confused. It sounds like you're having issues on a PC, but the version information you provided seems to be for 1Password for Mac. Can you tell me which version of 1Password for Windows you're using? If you don't have it installed, that will be the problem. The browser extensions depend on the app to function. Please let me know what you find!

• cardscraps
    cardscraps
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I have a licence for 1P for Mac, had it for years. I thought I could use the functionality on Windows PC? Is this not correct? I thought I could use on both my Mac and PC via dropbox?

• cardscraps
    cardscraps
    Community Member
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cardscraps: Indeed, I'm sorry for the confusion! While all current versions of 1Password can use Dropbox (and many legacy versions), 1Password itself isn't "free software". The mobile apps are a free download with in in-app purchase for Pro Features, and you can purchase a license to remove the trial restrictions on the desktop version. I don't see any records under this address, but if you've purchased 1Password for Mac already, shoot us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com with a copy of your receipt and we'll see what we can do to help with a discount. Cheers! :)

• patagon
    patagon
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi,yes I have purchased a licence initially back in 2013. It is purchased under a different email address. Thanks for your help, I shall send you an email. I don't want to go to another product as I love 1P. thanks also for the quick response to my questions.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@patagon: Any time! And if you post the Support ID you receive via email here, I'll take a look and get back to you...but no pressure! Enjoy your weekend too! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.