Safely remove vaults after access has been revoked?

Options
jessitalisa
jessitalisa
Community Member

Hello,

My previous employer shared a number of vaults with me - they weren't using Teams, just sharing the vault files via Dropbox. When I left the company, I made sure to remove my access to these vaults via the company Dropbox account as well as remove the files from my personal Dropbox account.

However the shared vaults remain in my iOS app (6.4.2) and desktop app (1Password 4.4.3) - the revoked vaults appear in the vaults list and I can navigate the entries and access the passwords stored within.

How do I safely remove the vaults from my desktop and iOS apps? I don't think the vaults can sync so I'm assuming I can't adversely affect the previous employers vaults?

Also, it seems like a bit of a security flaw that even though my access has been revoked, I can still access the vault contents?

Maybe I've overlooked something?

Many thanks, from Jess.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:manually remove shared vault

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @jessitalisa ,
    I think I may be able to help you permanently delete your previous employer's data from your Mac.

• Click on the top left menu in the 1Password window and choose to display the vault that you wish to delete.
    • Under the 1Password menu, choose Delete [Name] Vault

The vault and its contents should now disappear from 1Password.

Please let the AgileBits staff know how you got on.
    Cheers,
    Rob

• jessitalisa
    jessitalisa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rjh

Thanks for your quick response, I've found the menu option however I'm wondering if this action is limited to my account only? i.e if I delete it, the vault wouldn't be permanently deleted for all users?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jessitalisa,

if I delete it, the vault wouldn't be permanently deleted for all users?

That's correct. The options in the apps only delete the local vaults. :)

This discussion has been closed.