I can't figure out how to import from CSV on Windows. [Use 1Password 4, not 1Password 6 Beta]

Jamie_Fairlie
Jamie_Fairlie
Community Member
edited July 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

On the windows applications (both BETA and Windows Store release), there's no 'file menu' and therefore no 'import' button.

I was attempting to follow these instructions (https://support.1password.com/import/) but they don't seem doable.

I was going to attach a screenshot of what I can see on my screen but the 'attach a file' link is broken ... nothing happens when you click on it.

1Password Version: 6.0.169d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:import

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jamie_Fairlie,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble importing your data into 1Password. I'm going to move your question into the Windows category so the right people will be able to see it.

The issue you've bumped into is an interesting one. Being able to see a screenshot of it would be quite helpful for us. Just so we're on the same page, you're clicking on what is highlighted on the image, right?

Could you perhaps try attaching the image using another browser? If it doesn't work on some other browser either, can you please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com. Please include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots".

I hope to hear back from you so we can get to the bottom of this soon and get your data right in place! :chuffed:

B5user

• Jamie_Fairlie
    Jamie_Fairlie
    Community Member

That is the button I'm clicking. I have tried on multiple browsers on both Mac and Windows. When I click it, I can see it trying to open the popup but nothing's actually shown.

I will attach my screenshot in an email to the address you mentioned.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@Jamie_Fairlie ,

Perfect, we'll continue the conversation over email then. Just as a general idea about the trouble attaching files, your browser extensions or antimalware software might be blocking the popo-up :chuffed:

ref: WKV-52459-426

• Jamie_Fairlie
    Jamie_Fairlie
    Community Member

@Pilar

The other buttons work fine - the emojis and the URL buttons both open correctly ... do you think it could still be a popup blocker?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jamie_Fairlie ,

I've answered over email :chuffed:

I've seen pop-up blockers do some whacky stuff, sometimes doing their work a bit too well for instance. The option to attach a file is a different kind of interacting with the computer outside of the browser than the styling options are, so I could see it behaving differently with the blockers. Just for reference, if you also use Mac computers there's also the possibility to drag and drop the image on the text box. Thank you for letting us know about the issues you had for attaching documents, we'll keep and eye on it. :chuffed:

• Jamie_Fairlie
    Jamie_Fairlie
    Community Member

@Pilar thank you for that. I also thought to drag and drop into the textbox but it looked as though it was just pasting a path file rather than the image itself. Is that expected behaviour? Would it display as an image after I clicked 'post comment'? (I am on a Mac)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@Jamie_Fairlie ,

I know it looks strange, but that's actually how attachments on the forums work. For example this:

Is how the previous image looks like before posting it. What you're secretly doing is uploading the image on the forums and then embedding it on your answer. :chuffed:

If you want to try again, for learning and experimental purposes go ahead! :lol:

• AdrianPrice
    AdrianPrice
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem as the OP which doesn't appear to have been answered - somehow this thread only offered support for using the forum, not the actual product. I'm on Win8.1, using 1Password 6 beta app (the only thing offered on the 1PW site's "Get the apps" page). I installed the 1Password Chrome extension as well. Not only is there no File menu to follow the import instructions, there also doesn't appear to be any way to manually add an entry, and when I signed up for this forum, it doesn't appear to have saved those credentials either. Is Windows really a supported platform or not?

• Hi guys,

1Password 6 Beta for Windows does not support import yet, it's on our list but we don't have a timeframe on when it'll be implemented.

We recommend installing 1Password 4 for Windows here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

Once 1Password 4 is installed, open it, and then select "I am new to 1Password" to create a new vault. Now, unlock this vault and use the File Menu to import the file as mentioned in the import guide.

Once it is imported, you can then open this local vault in 1Password 6 Beta. To do this, open 1Password 6 Beta, unlock and go to the Settings on top right to select Accounts & Vaults > Folder > Open Vault to open the vault from 1Password 4. By default, it is the 1Password.agilekeychain in your Documents > 1Password directory.

@AdrianPrice, saving via the 1Password extension is not yet implemented for 1Password 6 Beta. Windows is a supported platform but that's with 1Password 4, 1Password 6 Beta is a beta product that's not supported and doesn't have most features implemented yet.

This discussion has been closed.