Enter key does not submit login credentials

HenryAZ
HenryAZ
Community Member

This appears to be a rehash of a thread from March. The problem being reported then (and subsequently "solved") has been plaguing me for a while. The thread title sums it up. I use CMD-\ to fill in login credentials, autosubmit is disabled, as it has been ever since I've run 1Password, and when I hit enter to submit the provided credentials, nothing happens. As you can see from my provided "Additional Information", I have the latest versions of everything. This problem occurs on the machine with the master vault, as well as the laptop that gets synced by copying the master database with rsync. I use Safari 9.1.1 and no other browsers. I use one other plugin, ClickToPlugin, and those two plugins are the only two I have ever used, and have always used those two.

I am unsure exactly when this problem started happening. It was just an annoyance at first and I would think it was perhaps some new login script the web site was employing, but it is now apparent the problem is [almost] universal. On <10% of the sites I visit, using the Enter key does work, but for the most part, not. Tabbing, or Shift-tabbing, does not take me directly to the Login button, where I have found over the years hitting the spacebar works well when the focus is there. So I find myself automatically reaching for my mouse in order to submit login credentials. Enter would be so much easier, as it always used to be.

Thanks for any help.

--
henry

1Password Version: 6.3.1 (AgileBits Store)
Extension Version: 4.5.6 by AgileBits
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Wi-fi to iOS, rsync to Mac

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HenryAZ,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

In version 4.5.5 of the extension, we actually fixed a bug that sounds identical to what you are describing:

Fixed a regression with focusing the password field when autosubmit is disabled.

But since you are running 4.5.6, that should already be fixed in the version you have. The one thing I might suggest is to try the beta version of the extension. It's on version 4.5.7.BETA-5, but back in 4.5.7.BETA-1 we made this change:

The extension now chooses which field to focus on after filling. The filling logic in the application decided based on what the pre-filled page looked like while the extension can see what the page looks afterwards. The hope is this helps with tricky sites which change during filling. If you find a page doesn't autosubmit or focus on the correct field while testing this beta version of the extension but does with the stable please let us know.

At the very least, the beta is the one we want to troubleshoot, so we get it right for you in the next stable build. If you can give it a try and let us know, I know the devs would love to quickly fix things and release another beta with the improvements.

ref: OPX-1138

• HenryAZ
    HenryAZ
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Yes, the beta version of the extension (latest version) fixes the problem.

BTW, how do you quote on this forum software? I am unable to figure that out, (I think I did once), and I am unable to find any help for forum usage.

--
    henry

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@HenryAZ I'm glad the beta extension fixes your problem :chuffed:

You can quote on the forums in two ways: by using Markdown or by using the icons above the text box (Bold, Italic, etc.) which actually work by inserting the Markdown for you :)

• HenryAZ
    HenryAZ
    Community Member

Sorry to stay off-topic, but I just don't seem to get it, as far as quoting goes. Using the icons seems to do nothing towards preserving/inserting a block quote into a reply. I have never seen a forum software editor like this, and hope not to again (: I will stick to simple replies.

--
    henry

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

No worries. If you have any other questions about how the forums work, go ahead and ask 'em in the Lounge section :) In the meantime, I'm glad everything is working again :)

This discussion has been closed.