I have many devices, IOS and PCs and laptops. Which 1Password should I get?

Options
latrevisana
latrevisana
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Families

I have many devices, IOS and PCs and laptops. Which 1Password should I get? It's not clear from you web page, it looks like I would have to pick which App to download. I don't' understand how this works. I want to purchase a one time only software.
I also don't understand the distinction between "account" and "license". I don't know which I would want.
You guys are quickly talking me out of buying this...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:so frustrating. I go to your page to purchase 1Password and I still don't know what I should get! very confusing information. Just for one person with many devices, IOS and PC. What do i buy??'

Comments

• latrevisana
    latrevisana
    Community Member
    Options

So we are going around in circles...you are telling me to look at e-mail but there is no e-mail. I looked all the way back 24 hours. I just set a new password maybe that is why I couldn't see notifications. Just someone answer please don't send me somewhere else. tell me what I need to purchase for my needs. then I go away I promise. I want one purchase. What is an account or license? I don't understand what I need.
    Don't like this forum thing though, hard to find stuff.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I didnt' get any e-mails from you. I am still looking for an answer...I will try again

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @latrevisana ,
    Sorry to hear that you are confused by the different versions of 1Password. Perhaps I can help.

You wish to make a one-time-only purchase and synchronise various devices.
    In this case you need 1Password — not 1Password Families or Teams.
    When you download 1Password for Mac, the license will also work for the Windows version.
    The versions for IOS and Android are free and include an in-app option to purchase the Pro version which will allow you to add and/or edit your data.
    The simplest way to synchronise your devices is via Dropbox, which works for or platforms or iCloud for Mac, IOS and Windows.

1Password Families or Teams come with accounts that involve monthly/annual payments.

I hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @latrevisana ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're confused with 1Password and our different products. I'll be glad to help you figure out what works best for you!

An account for 1Password Families is a subscription service, you'd be able to use all of the apps and wouldn't need to worry about syncing. If what you want is a one time (single version) purchase then you need a license. The license will allow you to install 1Password on as many Windows and Mac computers as you need. You can get it here: https://agilebits.com/store/cart.

For your iOS devices you can use the basic version for free or get the Pro features as an in-app purchase. You only need to get the Pro features once and you'll be able to use them on all your iOS devices.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can do for you :chuffed:

ref: RCW-38583-827 Apr2015

• latrevisana
    latrevisana
    Community Member
    Options

ok. I want it for a single person (me), one PC (windows 10), one laptop (windows 10), one Ipad, one IPhone. I don't have a Mac computer.
    So if I download the 1Password to the PC, and purchase the $65 license, then it will work on the laptop too, but I still have to buy another Pro version on the IPhone and Ipad? Will they sync?

• latrevisana
    latrevisana
    Community Member
    Options

ok I just went to sign up for a new account online, and the options are: Teams, or Families...
    So I am back at the beginning....what do I want? Where is the option for just 1Password??

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@latrevisana sorry for the confusion. It sounds like you don't want to use 1Password Families, so let's ignore everything about 1Password accounts and subscription services for the moment. Here's what I want you to do:

1. Download 1Password 4 for Windows from this link on one device.
    2. Get 1Password 4 for Windows set up. Install the browser extensions, save some items, etc.
    3. Set up syncing on 1Password 4 for Windows. The options available to you are listed here. It doesn't matter what you choose, but Dropbox is the most convenient in your case.
    4. Download and set up 1Password 4 for Windows on your other Windows device. Confirm that everything works sync-wise.
    5. Download 1Password for iOS from the App Store on your iPhone.
    6. Choose "Use without an account" on the first screen. This is important. You only have a 1Password account if you sign up for 1Password Families or 1Password Teams.
    7. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up syncing on your iPhone.
    8. Repeat steps 5-7 on your iPad.
    9. Make sure data syncs across all your devices.
    10. Use 1Password!

Then, if you find everything to your liking, purchase a 1Password license by following this link. Follow the steps outlined in this guide to apply that license to 1Password 4 for Windows.

If you would like, you can purchase the Pro features on iOS for $9.99 via in-app purchase. This isn't required to use the apps, but it gives you extra features like multiple vaults, more categories, etc. This is handled by Apple and tied to your Apple ID so make sure your iPhone and iPad use the same Apple ID. Otherwise you'll have to purchase the Pro features separately on each device.

• latrevisana
    latrevisana
    Community Member
    Options

ok I purchased the software, and I have the IOS devices on it too, syncing. But the IPad and the iPhone doesn't do it automatically, I have to select the login and click on it and then on the web page "log in" button. Is this normal?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@latrevisana yes, that is how the 1Password for iOS extension works. It's the same in the built-in 1Browser if you tap the little key icon in the toolbar. :)

• latrevisana
    latrevisana
    Community Member
    Options

so what would be the advantage if I bought the premium version? would this still be the case?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @latrevisana,

Are you asking about the Pro features? If so, that wouldn't make any difference as far as how the 1Password iOS extension works. But Pro features include a bunch of other great features that might be helpful for you, and we have more information about that here: Pro features in 1Password for iOS

Or for more information about how the iOS extension works, please take a look at this knowledgebase article: Fill passwords in Safari and other apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We're always happy to help if you have more questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.