I sync with Dropbox but I see it in my "manage iCloud" setting. Can I just delete there?

JoyceC
JoyceC
Community Member

IiPad Mini 2, iOS 9.3.2, 26.4 GB, 1Password ver. 6.4.2
OSX 10.10.5 1P ver 6.5 Beta 3

I thought I saw an option to delete iCloud information somewhere (not in iCloud itself) but I'd rather not have it there in the first place.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iCloud sync

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JoyceC,

If you know for certain that you are not syncing with iCloud, and you will never need the data you previously synced to iCloud, you can reset the iCloud data by opening 1Password on your Mac and choosing Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data.

Please be careful as it is not reversible.

• JoyceC
    JoyceC
    Community Member

Thank you; so that's where I saw it. I sync with Dropbox; will this only delete the current iCloud info or is that a permanent , never-to-sync-to again setting? IOW, will I still have to look there periodically to delete the 1P information ?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JoyceC,

Choosing Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data will permanently remove any 1Password data you currently have in iCloud, thus khad's warning:

Please be careful as it is not reversible.

And as long as syncing with iCloud remains disabled, your 1Password data won't be automatically syncing there 'by surprise'; you'd have to manually configure it if you wanted to do that in the future.

Hope that answers your questions; keep 'em coming if you have more. :)

This discussion has been closed.