I cant open application after update

Options
jumendz
jumendz
Community Member

Hi my android application cannot be open after the update does it mean all my save password is gone? Can anyone help me.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jumendz: First, be sure to try restarting your device. Are you getting some sort of an error message when you try to open it? Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, do you have a backup of your data? Are you syncing it with other devices? Thanks in advance! :)

• jumendz
    jumendz
    Community Member
    Options

@Brenty: i already tried restarting the unit but still no avail. If i press the application it will only appears white for a second then gone back to icon. No error message displayed.
    I am using android 5.1.1 LMY47V.
    The 1password version is 6.3b2.
    I dont have back up of the data im not syncing it to other device. If i will uninstall then install again all those password save would be gone?

• peri
    Options

Hi @jumendz. Version 6.3b2 was released back in April and we've released several updates since then. Can you please update to the latest beta, 6.3.3.b1?

Also, you mentioned that you're not syncing with any other devices. Did you configure sync with local storage or Dropbox?

• jumendz
    jumendz
    Community Member
    Options

@peri: how to update the 6.3.3.b1? My google playstore did not indicate to update.
    I did not configure to other storage. All was fine just after the update it wont work.

• peri
    Options

That's strange. The update should definitely be available in the Play Store, and I was able to install it just today. Can you launch the Play Store and bring up the navigation drawer by swiping from the left, and then verify that the account you have selected there is the same one you're signed up for the beta program with?

• jumendz
    jumendz
    Community Member
    Options

@peri: i download this application in google playstore the i updated in MI store. Maybe this is the reason for the error. Anything i can do to make it work?

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update, @jumendz. 1Password for Android is only officially distributed through the Play Store, so if you downloaded through another channel, then unfortunately it is not a legitimate copy of the app and I can't vouch for its security or stability.

If you're able to do so, please update through the Play Store. Updating should resolve the crash and allow you access to your vault again. Let me know how it goes!

• jumendz
    jumendz
    Community Member
    Options

@peri: i cant update in the playstore since not indicating outdated, maybe this should wait for the next update

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Question for the AgileBits team:

A users data is stored somewhere within the Android System.
    What would happen if @jumendz were to download the official 1Password app from the Play Store and install it?
    It would most likely install over the version from MI Store, but would it also delete the older system files?

Greets,
    Rob

** @jumendz please don't try this until we have a reply from AgileBits!
    ** We don't want to loose any of your data!

• peri
    Options

@jumendz It sounds like the APK you downloaded may actually be an older version than what you downloaded through Google Play, which is causing the crash. I think the reason you're not seeing the update in the Play Store may be because you don't have the 1Password app installed from there, but an .apk from a third-party source. Can you sign up for the beta program? After doing so, do you see the option to Update 1Password through Google Play?

@rjh 1Password 6 for Android doesn't keep a local database, so if the vault is not syncing or backed up, reinstalling the app would erase all vault data. The safest way to save the vault data is to update rather than install a new version.

• jumendz
    jumendz
    Community Member
    Options

@peri: thank you. I signed up the beta. Update the application and im back, application now works.
    This premium features is this annual payment or one time only?

• peri
    Options

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that, @jumendz. :lol:

As to the Pro features, once purchased, they last for as long as you're using the version you purchased them with. We do tend to charge for major upgrades (like from version 6 to 7) although I can't say whether or not that will be the case with the next major Android release. We also like to be generous with upgrades and have been known to offer free upgrades in the past.

Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.