can't update 1 password, quits. unable to see what I am typing.

Options

I have tried to update my Ipasssword as i am prompted with update available "changed for version 3.8.22 (build # 32010). it always says try again. "an error occurred while extracting the archive. please try again". when I use 1password it stops frequently, especially if I hit the edit button. I also have it clear when I am making a new password like the keys are hidden and I can't see what I am typing. If i try to edit to "look" it remains blank. please help. thank you!

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:when update 1pw "changes for version 3.8.22 #32010)" states"error occurred extracting try again why?%22%20states%22error%20occurred%20extracting%20try%20again%20why%3F)

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Horsept as your post relates to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

The best place to start is by reading this sticky at the top of the forum.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Horsept: It sounds like there may be a couple issue at play here. First and foremost, a lot has changed since we released 1Password 3.8.22 years ago, and the update server uses updated (ha) security which the old apps don't know about. You can, however, download it directly from our website:

1Password downloads (legacy versions)

However, the archive error sounds like something else entirely, and will affect extracting the app regardless of how you get it. Often this happens because a 3rd party compression utility has taken over. But you should be able to right-click the .zip file and choose Open With to select the OS X Archive Utility to extract it instead.

However, as Stephen_C mentioned, 1Password 3 is old and has issues with El Capitan, so upgrading will offer a much better experience.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.