Passwords being incorrectly populated in user name text box on login web pages

I originally posted this back in March 2015 and the thread was closed with no resolution. I'm using 1Password for Windows Version 4.6.0.604 within two Windows 10 virtual machines on my Mac - one running Parallels Desktop Version 11.2.0 (32581) and the other running VMWare Fusion Professional Version 8.1.1 (3771013). On Parallels the version of Internet Explorer I have is 11.420.10586.0, and on VMWare Fusion the Internet Explorer version is the same. The problem I encounter is when I want to access a site from within 1Password on either of the two Windows virtual machine, say Facebook, when 1Password opens the site within Internet Explorer it places my Facebook password in the "Email or Phone" (user name) text box. I have no idea what gets populated in the "Password" text box. The login to the site fails, of course. This happens regardless of which site I attempt to access, be it Facebook or any other site for which I use 1Password.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jdguilty,

This sounds like auto-type is enabled for this item and 1Password auto-typed in the address field first before it tabbed to the username and typed the password.

Open 1Password, unlock, and edit the item for the Facebook item, is the box for Use auto-type in web browser checked?

If yes, uncheck it and save it. Try again, is it working?

• jdguilty
    jdguilty
    Community Member

The Use auto-type in web browser check box was NOT checked for my Facebook entry within 1Password, nor was it checked for any other entry, so it appears we'll have to look elsewhere. What's next?

• Hi @jdgulity,

Let's start with the diagnostics report, so we can see if there's anything else that could cause this. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report in your Windows VM and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• jdguilty
    jdguilty
    Community Member

I've sent the email along with the diagnostics report as requested.

• Hi,

We got the report and will reply as soon as possible.

ref: VPU-52898-176

• jdguilty
    jdguilty
    Community Member

This thread can be marked closed, as I've received emails from AgileBits technicians providing instructions as to how to rectify the problem.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

@jdguilty we'll continue the conversation over email! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.