Use teams and private versions of 1password on the same device?

Options

We would like to use 1password for teams. As far as I understand it, we have to invite our personnel to the teams app. Some of them already are using 1Password on their mobile devices and/or on their home PC, i.e. they have bought their own private licenses. Is there a possibility to continue using these existing installations and 1password for teams on the same device? If yes, how do I set that up?
They are mostly syncing using dropbox. I do not want to use dropbox in our company for confidentiality reasons and I would like to sync using a shared folder on a network drive. How do I set that up, so the mobile device can sync the private data via dropbox and the company data via the shared network drive?
Kind regards
Stefan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:use 1 password for teams and a private version of 1password on the same PC/mobile device

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Stefan ( @stefanwausk )

I'm glad to hear that you're interested in 1Password Teams!

Those in your team who already have personal licenses or are using 1Password Families can very easily keep on doing so when they become part of Team. They only need to add the Team account, and leave the rest of the configuration as it is. The data won't be mixed or merged in any way. They'll keep their personal information on their local vaults and syncing with Dropbox while the data that belongs to Teams will remain in the account. If they were to leave the Team, then they'd only need to remove the account from their computer and their 1Password will go back to they way it's working now.

About the second part of your question:

I do not want to use dropbox in our company for confidentiality reasons and I would like to sync using a shared folder on a network drive. How do I set that up, so the mobile device can sync the private data via dropbox and the company data via the shared network drive?

1Password Teams is a hosted service, you won't need to set up syncing by yourself, either by Dropbox or a folder. Your data will be stored encrypted on our servers, it will be available to you without any extra effort. If you want to now more about the security details of 1Password Teams, let me know and I'll go into the details!

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else that we can do for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.