Rich icons in the beta app?

Options
David_Johnston
David_Johnston
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have both 1Password for Windows 10 Beta and 1Password 4 for Windows installed on my laptop.

Both are configured to sync with the same vault saved in Dropbox.

I have noticed that the desktop version has icons for nearly all logins I have in the vault, while the Windows 10 version is missing some icons.

Is this a bug or could there be another reason?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016
    Options

As I understand it, @David_Johnston, rich icons are yet to be implemented in the beta app.

It's possible that custom icons have been implemented.

It's also possible that I have that backwards. :blush:

[Update: Please see @mohamedosman's reply, below.]

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Actually, you do have it backwards @DBrown :tongue:
    @David_Johnston custom icons have not yet been implemented, and we do have rich icons implemented. If there is a particular rich icon that is failing to load consistently, it may be a bug and we'd love to know more details about it!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for setting us straight, @mohamedosman!

• David_Johnston
    David_Johnston
    Community Member
    Options

Here are a some sites that don't have a custom icon in 1Password for Windows 10:
    brucetrail.org
    clearly.ca
    my.shomi.com

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you, @David_Johnston!

We'll look into this for a future build.

• revanmj
    revanmj
    Community Member
    Options

Rich icons doesn't work for me too. All the login items have just a generic icon (versions for other platform download icons without a problem for almost all of them).

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @revanmj!

• RyanL
    RyanL
    Community Member
    Options

I am using Beta 6.0.173d and it doesn't show any Rich Icons. According to the user's guide, there should be a setting in Options under Display to enable Rich Icons. However, that option isn't there in my installation. Is this a feature that isn't currently available in the Beta?

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Just like @RyanL, I have no option nor icons. Similar to @revanmj, I just have a generic 1Password logo looking icon for logins and the typical Mac stock application icon for software license. Credit cards, identities, bank accounts, passports, etc. all have their standard icons.

Update: per this thread as of July 4th and @SergeyTheAgile

both custom icons and rich icons are temporarily disabled, as we have had quite a lot of issues with system crashing whole app because of their existence. It's coming back later for sure.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

As cwanja correctly pointed out, we've disabled both custom icon and Rich Icons a while ago due to stability and performance issues with them. We plan to rebuild how they are loaded in a future update but we don't have a timeframe yet. We did just enable the support for it on 1Password.com web site, so you can upload it there but 1Password 6 Beta won't display it yet.

@RyanL, there isn't an updated user guide yet for 1Password 6 Beta. We're working on it but with a lot of changes still happening, we are holding off for a while until it is close to the release date next month.

This discussion has been closed.