can team members add new members to teams?

Lets say I have a couple of groups.

E.g., I have

• Support
  • Engineering
  • Sales

I want to nominate a "captain" of each of these teams to be able to add new members to the team. Is that possible without granting that member full admin access? It seems like access to the groups page is only accessible with admin privileges.

thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @michaelglass! Great question. This is possible with custom roles, which we just launched in beta. You can enable it by opening your Team Settings page from the team menu on 1Password.com, then switching on "Custom Group Permissions" and clicking Save. To enable them in a specific group, open that group in the Admin Console and click Manage Permissions. Choose the "Manage People" permission and click Done, then that group should be all set to manage members of the team. :) Let us know how it goes!

• michaelglass
    michaelglass
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

So actually it seems that it doesn't help to have the "Manage People" permission without the "View admin console" (even though, really, I'd prefer just granting the "view your team(s)" permission.)

Also: I can't give individual users, "view admin console".

So I created a team called "team administrators" with "view admin" / "manage people" permissions and then added "team managers" to this team, also granting them manage access in their own teams.

• @michaelglass Hmm, that's an interesting way of doing things. Custom roles are indeed on a group basis, not a user one, and members will need access to the Admin Console to use it. I'm not sure how else they'd use it.

So I created a team called "team administrators" with "view admin" / "manage people" permissions and then added "team managers" to this team, also granting them manage access in their own teams.

Do you mean you created a new group? A new team would be a bit drastic. ;)

• michaelglass
    michaelglass
    Community Member

in any case, feature request: it would be nice to be able to manage a group without having access to the whole admin console.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback! Perhaps we'll be able to do something like that in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.