Attachments boosting Sync traffic?

awi64
awi64
Community Member

Hello everyone,

great tool, 1Password!
I'm using it for a week now and everybody who watches me using it wants to have it, too.

My question:
Saving large attachments in my 1Password Safe (which is stored in a Dropbox), would that increase the amount of data that's repeatedly synced between my devices?

Precisely asked: Would the attachments only synchronize once when created, or "each time something else changes in my Safe"?

I'm asking with regards to mobile quota and processing time in the first place, since I'd like to save quite a few PDF scans in 1Password.

Thanks,
Andreas

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:attachment

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @awi64,

Would the attachments only synchronize once when created, or "each time something else changes in my Safe”?

Once your database is on all of your devices, only changes will be synced. Said differently: your data resides on your device and is not downloaded en mass every time you open 1Password. So, once that initial sync has moved your database, you shouldn’t have to worry too much about the size of your database and how many attachments you do have.

Of course, if you do have a larger database, it’s a good idea to make sure you’re doing the initial sync while on Wi-Fi.

I hope this helps, but we’re here if you have any further questions or concerns!

• awi64
    awi64
    Community Member

I hope this helps

Absolutely, and it's exactly what I wanted to hear.
    Thanks a lot!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Megan, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.