1Password extension 4.5.7 indicates my master password is wrong. No problem with 1Password 6.3.

Bertvdhoef
Bertvdhoef
Community Member

1Password extension 4.5.7 keeps saying my master password is wrong. No problem with 1Password 6.3.1

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iMac
Referrer: forum-search:1Password extension 4.5.7 indicates my master password is wrong. No problem with 1Password 6.3.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bertvdhoef

This seems like a very weird problem that you're having. What browser are you using? Do you have the same issue on other browsers? If you open 1Password mini, on your toolbar, does the Master Password work? Have you checked that your keyboard layout is correct? I've seen that sometimes the layout can do wacky things and be changed even when going from one app to another. Finally, can you please check if you might have multiple copies of 1Password installed? You can do this by going to finder and searching for 1Password on Applications.

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get to the bottom of this problem! :chuffed:

• Bertvdhoef
    Bertvdhoef
    Community Member

I am using safari 9.1.1. If the extension says that my password is wrong an i open 1Password mini, the master password works. I saw that i had indeed still password 3.6 in my application folder. removed that, also remover the extension from safari and reinstalled that. Still the problem persists. I will try Firefox, but i have to install the extension on that. You will hear from me later!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @Bertvdhoef! I think it's probably just a coincidence that you still had the 1Password 3.6 app in the Applications folder, because 1Password 3 only works with an older version of the browser extension. As long as you have version 4.5.7 (currently the latest) of the extension installed, that's the correct one for 1Password 6, and your master password should definitely work to unlock it.

Just to be sure, does the 1Password extension in Safari look like a circle with a keyhole in the middle? If so, that's the correct extension. On the other hand, if the extension looks like a key, that's the 1Password 3 extension. It's possible to have both extensions installed at the same time, so if you do, you'll want to remove or disable the 1Password 3 extension (just make sure you have all your data in 1Password 6).

Let us know how it all goes, and if you're still having trouble, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Bertvdhoef
    Bertvdhoef
    Community Member

First, the problem came up with the latest update of 1Password 6. The extension looks like the keyhole so it is the 4.5.7. I installed the extension in Firefox and that one works well. I also did a reset on my PRAM and NVRAM, no result. In my Library folder, application support> i find a 1Password and a 1Password4 folder. Removing the 1Password 4 folder and reboot gave no result. Starting 1Password thereafter it asked if i wanted to use the data it four on my iMac. I agreed. 1Password worked ok again accept for the extension in Safari which still says my master password is wrong??? Firefox extension works fine. So.... I am out of options here.
    Best regards,
    Bert :'(

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bertvdhoef,

Let’s take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.