1Password & Andriod - WiFi & Dropbox Syncing Issues

j9392939
j9392939
Community Member

Hello,

I am having massive issues with syncing my 1Password passwords and data onto my Andriod Phone, from 1Password For Windows.

1. Dropbox Sync - My 1Password for Windows is synced to the correct Dropbox folder that, once logged into my Andriod Device, starts to sync... but only syncs old 1Password information, and does not have any updated data that is on my Windows 1Password.

2. WiFi Sync - My 1Password for Windows generates the security code number, I select "WifI Sync" at 1Password for Andriod's start screen, and I go through the process, connect to my computer (or server, whatever it is called) input my Master Password (both on my 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Andriod) and it attempts to sync afterwards. It gets stuck on "Loading 16 items" (or something similar to that), and then fails.

For both, it also has trouble syncing some attachments.. that I tried to delete on both, but still it says: "Could not decrypt folder..." etc, and fails to update info.

I tried to do all this with the stable version of 1Password (4.6.0) for Windows (non-beta), and it did not work. Now I updated to the 4.6.0 BETA version of 1Password for Windows and this still does not work (either method).

I also have 2 Macintosh devices with 1Password for Mac on it, synced via Dropbox (same as my 1Password for Windows), but that is not relevant.

Andriod Device: Samsung Galaxy S6
Operating System: Windows 10
1Password Version (current): 4.6.0 BETA
Have you tried turning off your firewall? Yes, but no avail.

I've am and have been a happy 1Password user for years, and this issue has never happened before on my IOS devices, but now all of a sudden is happening with my Andriod device. 1Password is a divine service, and I never had to ask for support until now.

Please let me know of any solutions to this problem, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.0 BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Wifi & Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @j9392939. Thanks for contacting us about this issue. Let's see what's going on here. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your PC:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?android

---Windows---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?win

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• j9392939
    j9392939
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

@peri,

Thanks for your reply. I had already sent this problem into the support email, in addition to a diagnostic report from my Andriod phone, when attempting to sync with Dropbox:

In addition to the problem previously provided, I tried syncing with Dropbox, but there are more issues. Dropbox is able to sync information, and found the correct vault, but when I re-started 1Password on my Andriod device, it keeps saying my Master Password is incorrect for Dropbox, and I need to contact support about this issue. I have attached the sync error to the email to support@agilebits.com.

Thus, do I need to send it to support+android@agilebits.com, if I already sent the report file to support@agilebits.com?

• No worries, @j9392939. I've looked up the reports so you don't need to email again. We'll take a look and get back to you soon!
    ref: EZX-99818-499

• j9392939
    j9392939
    Community Member

@peri,

Thanks for your response. I await your reply!

• :+1:

This discussion has been closed.