parski
Community Member
edited July 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Steps to reproduce:

1) I start my browser.
2) I go to a website.
3) I want to log in.
4) ⌘ + \
5) "1Password can't verify the identity of your browser bla bla bla" <--- This is the bug
6)
7)
8)

Please fix.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @parski. Thanks for that informative post. As we state in our support document, Chromium is not code signed and the team reports they have no plans to do so. Our recommendation is to switch to a different browser that is code signed. If you insist on sticking with Chromium, the only option is to disable code signature verification, which weakens your security.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• parski
    parski
    Community Member

I thought I had. See step 6 above. If this is not disabling code signature verification then please let me know how I do so.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Oh, I'm sorry! I thought you were saying that you shouldn't have to do that. So, you're saying that even with code signature verification disabled, you're still seeing this prompt when filling?

• Raparipa
    Raparipa
    Community Member

This bug appeared suddenly about a week ago on both of my Macs running OS X El Capitan 10.11.5.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Raparipa: Have you tried the current release (54.0.2793.0)? I wonder if it's specific to that prerelease version, or something in your own setup. I tried this myself, and it worked after disabling the code signature check. You may need to restart your Mac or simply get the current build if something was broken in that one. Let me know what you find!

• Raparipa
    Raparipa
    Community Member

Hi @brenty, thanks for your tip!

I just updated Chrome to version 51.0.2704.106 (64-bit). Now the popup doesn't appear anymore.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Even better! While I enjoy playing with the newer stuff, things often break in prerelease versions. So using the stable release is great when we just need to be able to have things work so we can get stuff done. You're totally welcome! I'm glad that helped, and we're here if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

I should also mention that you might see this problem more frequently when 1Password is locked. The reason for this is that since the preference for whether to check the code signature is related to your security, it is part of 1Password's encrypted settings, which are only available while unlocked. So, when 1Password is locked, we don't have a way to verify that the preference is disabled and that code signature validation should be skipped.

I hope that makes some sense.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.