Problems

Ericthered1968
Ericthered1968
Community Member

I'm looking at all the reviews etc and there seems to be quite a lot of problems with 1 password, WHY ? If so simple, but my most important question is why is my safari suggested password no good, I'm having no problems with apples password, so why does should I purchase this when the Apple generated password is actually very very good and I've never had a problem on my MacBook Pro, iPad or iPhone, so I'm wondering why is 1 password any better besides being a lot more £ , I'm not tech savvy in the slightest, I just can't see advantages from 1 password that Apple doesn't already keep safe, I know you have great reviews, but a lot of people having problems too,
Any explanation ?
Cheers
Ericthered

Comments

• Ericthered1968
    Ericthered1968
    Community Member

Could you email me when answer ( or answers ) available please, just want to look after my Apple products and their safety, cheers

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ericthered1968,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I’m glad to see that you’re concerned about security and wanting to keep all of your important data secure on your computers and devices. I’d love to talk to you about 1Password here.

I'm looking at all the reviews etc and there seems to be quite a lot of problems with 1 password, WHY ?

Could you tell me where you’re looking at these reviews? If you’re reading the forums here, this site is less about reviewing 1Password and more about users requesting help when things aren’t working quite right. Looking at reviews on the Mac App Store or MacUpdate would give you a better sense of what people think of the app.

If so simple, but my most important question is why is my safari suggested password no good, I'm having no problems with apples password, so why does should I purchase this when the Apple generated password is actually very very good

iCloud keychain is a useful tool for storing your passwords, and I’m glad to hear that you’re making use of this instead of trusting your memory or possibly re-using passwords on websites. However, 1Password goes beyond password management and can store all kinds of important data for you. Here are just a few of the things that I think make 1Password a great investment:

Watchtower and Security Audit

1Password comes with a Security Audit feature that will help you easily keep your password database secure and up to date. Security Audit will notify you of any old, weak, or re-used passwords that exist in your database so that you can change them. In addition to this, our Watchtower service will notify you when any of the accounts that you use may have been exposed to an attack. The best thing about this service is that you can make use of it without sending any of your personal information to AgileBits. The Watchtower database is downloaded to the 1Password app on your machine and compared with your current password database, so we never get any information about the sites that you use.

1Password is cross-platform and cross-browser

If you’re only using Apple devices, this might not be a huge selling point for you, but we strongly believe that it’s your data, and you should have access to it whenever and wherever you need it. 1Password has apps for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android, and if you decide to sign up for a 1Password account using 1Password Families or 1Password for Teams, you can access your data online via our web interface as well. There are also browser extensions available for Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera, so you can use whichever browser you prefer.

Sharing

1Password makes it simple to share data with family and co-workers. In addition to the 1Password Teams and 1Password Families accounts mentioned above, 1Password can create multiple ‘vaults’ of your data, so that you can keep your personal information private and still share the Netflix sign-in details with your family, and important work details with your team at the office.

Mobile App Integration

One of the great newer features of 1Password for iOS is our App Extension. It’s been enabled by 200+ iOS developers (check out the list on our blog. This means that when you open some of your favourite apps you won’t have to type your username and password - just tap on the 1Password icon to open the 1Password app extension and 1Password will fill your details for you. It’s completely wonderful. The 1Password app extension also works in mobile Safari and other mobile browsers.

Much more than just passwords

Sure, 1Password is awesome for storing your passwords, but there are all sorts of other categories that can help you keep your digital life secure and organized.

1. Credit Cards: store your credit card information in 1Password so you don’t have to trust each website to remember your card information. 1Password can fill these details in when you’re ready to make a purchase.
    2. Addresses: store your addresses in the Identities category for easy filling whether you’re setting up a new account or filling in shipping information for yourself or someone else.
    3. Bank Accounts: Do you remember your bank’s transit information? I sure don’t. Bank accounts come with all sorts of details that you really don’t need to remember ... until you do. The Bank Account category is great for storing this type of information so that it’s always available for that one time when you need it.
    4. Software Licenses: This is another great example of information that you don’t regularly need but might want to keep track of somewhere safe.
    5. Secure Notes: There are many more categories of data you can store in 1Password, everything from Passports and Drivers’ License details to Wi-Fi passwords and server information. However, if you want to save something that doesn’t fit our pre-defined categories, Secure Notes can help you build your own database for anything you want to keep secure and easily available. Check out a few ideas on our blog.

I could go on, but I hope this gives you a few ideas of how 1Password can help you secure your digital life. If you’ve got questions, please don’t hesitate to ask, we’re always happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.