program keeps crashing. can open but not edit or add accouts

crashes when I try to add or edit existing logins. its becoming useless since changed passwords cannot be entered.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.5
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:program keeps crashing. can open but not edit or add accouts

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @Wfredmr

I moved your question to our 1Password 3 for Mac category so we can help you better, I hope you don't mind :chuffed:

I see that you're using 1Password 3 but you are in OSX 10.11.5, is there any particular reason why you are not using 1Password 6? Given when you purchased 1Password originally, your license is valid for the latest version of 1Password. I think that the crashing problem boils down to the fact that you're using old software on a new OS. If you want to install the latest version of 1Password you can download it here: https://1password.com.

I've also resent your license so you can activate it if you do get the new version.

Please let us know what you think of this and what you decide about getting the new of 1Password! :chuffed:

• Wfredmr
    Wfredmr
    Community Member

yes that fixed it. I didn't realize I was using a very old version.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! I'm glad the new version is working well for you on your Mac. Sorry for any confusion about all that! Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.