I am trying to put 1Password onto various devices but I dont seem able to, why is that?

Options

I've got a Dell Laptop with 1password and just started using it, I've also got a Surface Pro, Ipad and android phone . I use all devices to log into various accounts I would like to store passwords with. However I cannot log into my 1Password account other than on this laptop. How do I get the Icon on the devices so I can access the accounts I've now got protected with new passwords generated by 1Password??? Its also telling me I dont have an account, when I clearly do! Thanks heaps. K

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to put my 1Password on all my devices but I am not able to ..why is that?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @karengrinter,

Just to clarify a few things:

1Password.com Accounts and local 1Password products are two separate products. Customers who bought standalone licenses do not have a 1Password Account, they have a standalone product that doesn't store anything in the cloud. It's also a one-time fee for the license. For this, you would need to manage your own data vaults manually and sync it your way, you could use Dropbox to sync your data between each device.

1Password.com Account is what you get when you sign up for 1Password Families or 1Password Teams subscriptions at 1Password.com. In this case, it is a subscription service where we will handle the data management for you and for this, you either pay monthly or yearly instead of a one-time fee.

I can't find any license or subscriptions based on your forum's email address, can you tell me if you've signed up for a 1Password.com Subscription or a standalone 1Password product?

On your laptop with your data, can you open 1Password and unlock, do you see the Help Menu on top right or just Settings?

• karengrinter
    karengrinter
    Community Member
    Options

I have a little icon next to the chome tabs and if I unlock I have a short list of stuff and at the bottom is Settings. Can't see a help menu. I am now totally confused! I thought I had signed up to something that would allow me to have one master password and put madly long and complicated passwords on all the accounts I have and log into...on several devices. So basically I haven't..I can only log into them on the one machine?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @karengrinter,

Open the main 1Password program, not the 1Password extension within Chrome. Go to your Start menu and search for 1Password, open it, do you see Help Menu on top right and if yes, click on it to select About 1Password, it should tell you the version. Please let us know what it says.

• karengrinter
    karengrinter
    Community Member
    Options
  • karengrinter
    karengrinter
    Community Member
    Options

Is that it?? It must be!

• MikeT
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @karengrinter,

Yes, that is 1Password 4 for Windows, which doesn't support 1Password.com Accounts.

In this case, you would need to install Dropbox on that PC and sync your 1Password data to your 1Password apps on other devices. Here's how: https://support.1password.com/guides/windows/sync-dropbox.html

• karengrinter
    karengrinter
    Community Member
    Options

Ok will give it a go..thanks

• MikeT
    Options

We'll be here to provide any assistance if you need it.

This discussion has been closed.