1Password account already added

jgba
jgba
Community Member

hey guys, I'm trying to connect to my '1password' team account from my iPhone, but I just get '1Password account already added' which is more or less the only thing I can choose in the app .. can you help me?

Best regards,

Jacob

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jgba,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your 1Password account! Let me check whether I understand your problem correctly: 1Password says that your account has already been added but you still can't access your data, is this correct? If this is the case, can you see any of your items or does 1Password appear completely empty? Were you able to use 1Password with your account and it suddenly stopped working or you were never able to set it up? This questions will help us figure out exactly what might have gone wrong. Meanwhile, you can try deleting the 1Password and downloading it again, see if it lets you configure your account this way. If you meant something different with your question, could you please give us some more details about what the problem is so we can help you better?

I hope to hear back from you soon to get this sorted out! :chuffed:

• heronlen
    heronlen
    Community Member

I am experiencing this issue, I don't know why but it appears every now and again, very frustrating "1password account already added" This message appears after the account seems to have been lost from the iOS app and I add it again via QR code (Families Account).

If I force close 1Password on iPad then 1Password 'looses' the account happens immediately. An uninstall of the app is the only thing that works.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @heronlen,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re running into this problem. This is a known issue that our developers are working on tracking down. We hope to have it resolved soon, as I completely understand how frustrating this one is.

I’m glad to hear that reinstalling the app works - we’ll do what we can to fix this properly for you all soon.

• heronlen
    heronlen
    Community Member

Hi, thanks, the app has failed again, darn! This time on iPad, an hour later it works again. I will have to do an export of data and use my previous app Msecure which wasn't fully featured but reliable. I am with you for a year after paying the full year subscription so I will stay for the next 11 months, longer, if you can get issues like this resolved.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @heronlen,

I'm so sorry this keeps happening to 1Password on your iPad! Although we don't have an exact timeframe for when a fix will be available, I feel very confident in saying that it won't take 11 months (or anywhere close to that amount of time) for that to happen. This issue is a top priority for our developers right now and they are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, there are a couple potential workarounds which might get things to work reliably for you. We've found that other customers who reported this issue had deleted the Shared / "Everyone" vault from their Families account. By any chance have you done that? If so, creating a new shared vault may prevent the problem from happening again. It's easy, and you can follow these steps:

1. Create a new shared vault via your Admin Console.
    2. Try to sign into your account in 1Password on your iOS device again.
    3. If it still says the account has already been added, uninstall/reinstall 1Password and try again to sign in.

This time you should stay signed into your account in the app as long as the recreated "Everyone" vault exists. Once we release an update that fixes the issue, you'll be able to delete that vault again if you'd like.

On the other hand, if you never deleted the original Shared / "Everyone" vault from your Families account, or if the above steps don't seem to help, there's another workaround you can try:

1. Set up 1Password by choosing 'Create New Vault'.
    2. Choose the same master password you use for your Families account.
    3. Once the app is set up, go to Settings > 1Password Accounts and add your account.
    4. After adding the account, go to Settings > Vaults > All Vaults > Vault for Saving and choose the Personal vault in your account.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. If you try one of these workarounds, please let us know how it goes. Thanks! :)

ref: OPI-3534

• heronlen
    heronlen
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG I have indeed deleted the Shared vault, it was an attempt to get the Apple watch working on the Families account, I took advice on another forum post to set up a new account with a Primary vault. That didn't go to well and something went wrong. It seems to have linked my main families account to another iCloud based account. I will create a new shared vault. Thanks for the tip. I will report back on how it goes.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hmm, sorry to hear you ran into trouble when you tried setting up a Primary vault before signing into your Families account. But I think adding a new shared vault should help to get things back up & running smoothly for you. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes for you! :)

• heronlen
    heronlen
    Community Member

Thanks @Drew_AG it is working as expected now, fingers crossed!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome, I'm glad to hear that helped! Thanks for following up to confirm that. Once we release an update with a fix for the problem, you should be able to go back to having just a single vault if you'd like. If for some reason you run into more trouble with that, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.