Fingerprint Unlock Unavailable (Samsung Galaxy S6)

Options
jpmckenna
jpmckenna
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Android

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 running Marshmallow (SM-925A) and I am initially able to enable fingerprint unlock and it successfully works. However, after a couple times of successfully unlocking 1Password, I get an error that fingerprint unlock is unavailable. I attempt to turn it on and get the same error, until I reboot my device. At that point I can turn it on and it'll work again for awhile until getting into the bad condition where it says it's unavailable. I definitely think it's isolated to just 1Password. Fingerprint unlock is working to unlock my device as well as all other apps that I use it for with no problem. Please help. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @jpmckenna. I've just responded to your email. Please take a look and we can continue the conversation there. Thanks!
    ref: SST-76563-482

• Lauriee
    Lauriee
    Community Member
    Options

I have this exact same problem. It is on and works for a bit, then one time it asks for fingerprint and instead of opening or a message saying unrecognized it says that fingerprint is disabled.

• saad
    Options

Thanks @Lauriee for letting us know you’re experiencing this issue as well. The devs are tracking this issue and will be looking for a solution soon.

OPA-839

• michaelgcohen
    michaelgcohen
    Community Member
    Options

I also get this issue on Samsung Galaxy S7 have to go in via traditional password and turn fingerprint back on in settings. It's rather annoying

• peri
    Options

Thanks for chiming in and letting us know this issue is affecting you as well, @michaelgcohen. It looks like tapping the Home button while the Fingerprint Unlock screen is loading disables Fingerprint Unlock. Can you try letting the Fingerprint Unlock screen fully load before tapping away using the Home button. That should help in the meantime. :)

• tofagerl
    tofagerl
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I have this same problem, but I can guarantee you that it has nothing to do with the loading of the unlock screen. For weeks now I have deliberately not touched anything on the phone after tapping the 1password icon, and it still has the same problem.

Is there anyway I can get some debug info to send you guys?

ref: KQE-58561-881

• peri
    Options

Hi @tofagerl. I see that mverde has responded to your email, and I'll let you continue the conversation there. :)

• tofagerl
    tofagerl
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, customer support is happening behind the scenes ;)

• peri
    Options

:+1:

This discussion has been closed.