Teams issue when members create a new entry

Options
BCosse
BCosse
Community Member

For some odd reason the new entries that are being made on our teams portal continues to file those entries under personal for that team member and not under the category the team member selected. So if i create a new entry for a SQL service account under the SQL valut it will file under personal for me and not under the SQL vault that i selected. When it files under my personal vault it prevents my team from seeing that entry. We also cannot edit the vault tab within the entry to move it to the correct location. Any help on this would be great!

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BCosse,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

The items will be created in the vault you are in when you create them. Or, if you are in All Vaults, they will be created in the default vault. So, one way to make sure an item goes into the right vault is to switch to that vault before creating the item.

You didn't mention any app, so I'm not sure if you are creating items on 1Password.com or in the 1Password app on a specific device. If you're still having trouble, can you let me know which?

In the Mac app, for example, you can set a default vault for saving. From the 1Password menu, choose Preferences. Click the All Vaults icon, then set Vault for Saving to your Personal vault for the team (or whatever you prefer).

This discussion has been closed.