Our new 1Password for Families account not enabling Pro features (iOS & Mac)

Options
tmatthews
tmatthews
Community Member

Just signed up for Family. Have used 1Password Pro for years. Noticed that I cannot use the some of the Pro features. In iOS, the Organize tab does not have an Edit button. The Settings page says the Pro Features are "Purchased". On Mac, there is no Folder options under the File menu. Not sure if seeing all the Categories. Haven't tried to find rest of Pro features yet. Have download/installed fresh copies of the apps for both iOS and Mac. Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 6.3.1 Agilebits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Family
Referrer: forum-search:iOS custom organization not working

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tmatthews,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

The organize tab is not supposed to have an edit button. Mine doesn't either. Also 1Password Families vaults do not use folders, instead they use tags. Tags are added or removed from each item individually. Alternatively in 1Password for Mac you can drag items onto a tag to add that tag to those items.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Thanks!

Ben

• tmatthews
    tmatthews
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the answer. Guess I should read the manual for Family version to see the differences. I also noticed the iOS Family version no longer has the ability to have a local vault. That seems to have disappeared once I deleted the one left over as I was migrating from the standalone Pro to the Family version.

Todd

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tmatthews,

If you want to create a local vault outside of your family account in 1Password for Mac, choose 1Password > Preferences > Advanced and turn on "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". It's not enabled by default for family accounts since it can lead to a lot of confusion for folks who think they are saving items in their family account but they aren't showing up on their other devices or on 1Password.com. :)

• Ben
    Options

Once you've created a vault as Khad described you can add it to iOS from the 1Password > Settings > Vaults > Sync Additional Vault (at the bottom):

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

iOS itself has never been able to create vaults other than the demo and Primary vaults when using the standalone app.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.