How do you generate a password from the website browser (not a browser extension)?

My husband and I use the Families version of 1password.

My work computer will not allow the browser extension that I use on my personal computer so I've pinned the website into my browser. I can't find an option to generate passwords through a browser page. Is this an option?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do you generate a password from the website browser (not a browser extension)?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@katy1579: Since this is the 1Password for Windows version 4 category of the forums and you didn't mention which versions you're using, I should mention that you can just click the icon in your browser and select Password Generator:

However, since you mentioned "the Families version", I wonder if you might be using the beta of 1Password 6 instead. In that case, it isn't yet possible to generate passwords with the browser. But you can do so when creating/editing a login within the main app itself.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• katy1579
    katy1579
    Community Member

Hi @brenty ! Thanks for the response. I suppose I maybe posted in the wrong section of the forum. I'm actually talking about the web user interface that can be accessed at username.1password.com ~ I'd like to be able to generate passwords from there. It doesn't seem like this is possible. Is it? Is it planned? THANKS!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@katy1579: Oh! Hey, no problem! Thanks for clearing up that confusion for me. I can help with that too. You can click on the little "key" icon next to the password field to bring up the generator:

Isn't it cute? Someone might not like that I said that, but I think it's adorable! Anyway, whichever adjective you're partial to, I hope this helps. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.