A "notes" improvement for the future...

dtperk
dtperk
Community Member

An improvement I'd like to see in future versions of 1Password is the ability to see all of the text residing in the "notes" section of an entry without having to edit the entry. (Often only a small part of a note is visible if I don't go to the trouble of entering the edit mode.) Perhaps allow users to see the entire note simply by having their pointer hover over the notes area. The current arrangement is a hassle.

Btw, my wife and I just completed our 1 month free-trail of 1Password Families, and it's worked like a charm. We love it and have moved forward with a paying yearly membership. Thanks, Agilebits, for a great service. We're so glad we chose 1Password for our needs, instead of some other company.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited July 2016

Hey @dtperk! I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying 1Password Families! :) It's very good to hear the trial was charming as well. Thanks for the suggestion as well. I'm not quite sure what you're looking for, so I have a question: Is your wife not able to see the note section because she only has view access?

Side note: Your profile picture reminds me of the artwork for Morning Phase by Beck.

• dtperk
    dtperk
    Community Member

Hi, @penderworth. Sorry I didn't provide more details. Here's the scoop: If we're using 1P in full-screen mode, or if we're using the "Top" list layout view, we can always see a note in its entirety when we select an entry. Unfortunately I prefer having the 1P window take up about half or a third of the screen, and I use the "Left" list layout, not the "Top." With that orientation, it's very common to have an entry's note only partially appear. (It's always the tail end of the note that's not showing.)

I can slide the side border of the 1P window horizontally either way (make the window wider or more narrow) and the missing parts of the note will be displayed, but if I leave that entry and then come back again in a matter of seconds, the bottom portion of the note will not show. Thanks for your interest in my not-a-big-deal problem. I just wish it didn't do that. I'm on a fast 27" iMac running El Capitan.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for those additional details, @dtperk. I'm nearly certain I know what you mean, and I've shared what I think you mean with the developers. However, if you have time and don't mind taking a screenshot and attaching it here, that would help confirm it. :+1:

• dtperk
    dtperk
    Community Member

I'd be glad to. Here are two screenshots. The first shows the notes on an entry when I first go to that 1P entry. The second shows the full notes after I have adjusted the width of the 1P window by dragging the window's right border left or right with my pointer. There's an extra sentence stating when the email address was created. That wasn't showing in the first screenshot. Typically, if I select a different entry, and then come back in 5 seconds, I will once again see the incomplete notes. My posting above points out that I'm using the "Left" list layout view.

• @dtperk Oh I see what you mean now. Thanks for the screenshot! :) I don't quite understand why this is happening though. Just to clarify: Is this an issue with the note syncing or with the way it appears on your screen? It seems like it's the latter, and could be an issue in 1Password for Mac since you're able to get the content to appear when editing the item. Let us know if that is the case.

I juts tried reproducing this issue on my end and wasn't able to, though. My window's width is even smaller than yours, and I'm on a 15-inch MacBook Pro. The lines should wrap no matter what your screen's width is so I'm not sure what's happening on your end, but hopefully we can get this worked out with that info from you.

• dtperk
    dtperk
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi, @penderworth. Hope you're having a good day at the office. Yes, the issue is strictly a matter of how notes appear on the screen. All info is correctly there in every note of every 1P item. It's just that the latter portion of a note is often initially not visible when I select that item, as shown above in the screenshots. I don't think it has anything to do with syncing.

It's an issue I can certainly live with, and I realize I might be the odd man out, but I must say it's inconsistent with the high level of sophistication, polish, and functionality that I experience in 1Password daily. Thanks again for your dedication to keeping your customers happy. I appreciate it.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dtperk

Thank you for your very kind words, and the extra details that you've given us. I have tried to reproduce the issue the notes work as expected for me too. I even created a long note with about 20 lines and it wraps around them.

If you want to give it a shot, maybe deleting 1Password and installing again would do the trick and nudge it to work as expected! (A variation of the classical "have you tried turning it off and on again?" :chuffed: ) You would only need to move the app from your application folder into the trash and empty the trashcan, then download it again here: https://1password.com. As long as you don't use cleaning apps, 1Password will pick up your data right away.

Please let us know if you try this and if it solves the mystery of the cut notes! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.